DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   Remote Trigger for nanoFlash (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/486907-remote-trigger-nanoflash.html)

Lance Librandi November 9th, 2010 02:43 PM

Hello Garrett,
I had the same issue when I first got my Nanoflash in my case I needed to simultaneously record from the EX3 to the Nanoflash and my Datavideo MP6000 DVD recorder. The way that I have done it is to buy a A-EX8F 8 Pin Fujinon Zoom Adapter Cable for Sony EX1 or EX3 from Jonyjib.
JonyJib Camera Solutions

I then connect from the lens tap to at VariZoom VZ-PG-F12 remote zoom control for Fujinon 12-pin video lenses .

VariZoom Lens Controls, monitors, Camera Stabilizers & Supports, Batteries, Monitor Kits Phone: 512-219-7722

(The record switch supplied on this unit is crappy I replaced it with NKK mon on toggle switch mounted sideways. The position of the record switch just ahead of the zoom control makes it very easy to accidentally hit the record switch with your thumb and terminate the recording.)

You the need to get into the VariZoom VZ-PG-F12 remote zoom control unit and tap off from the record button switch to the NanoFlash remote cable and you are done. This combination works well I run the Nanoflash on internal TC and the Nanoflash will continue to record as long as you have and SDI signal out of the camera. I have also experienced record failure to the SxS cards I believe that Sony has a recall notice out you may want to check with them, the SxS cards need a firmware update to fix the problem.

I know it's a bit messy but once it's done it very reliable system . I have not been able to find an output from theEX3 lens tap connector so you use the record switch on the camera to fire other devices, I need to get hold of a logic probe to see if there is anything there I rather suspect it a one way signal.

Good luck Cheers

Dan Keaton November 9th, 2010 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthony McErlean (Post 1586332)
Hi Dan,
I wonder about that and whats the difference in this Hawk-Woods XV-04 PMW-EX nanoFlash and the one you linked to.

I saw this one in the Symbiosis site nanoRMT-LTC, is this the correct one

Thanks.

Dear Anthony,

The Hawk Woods one fits over your record button on the camera.

The ones on the nanoFlash.net and Symbiosis can be held in your hand, if desired.
If they need to be mounted on your camera, the Hawk-Woods one may be more desirable.

Anthony McErlean November 9th, 2010 04:02 PM

Thank you Dan for the explanation.

Lance Librandi November 9th, 2010 05:59 PM

Just to add to my post #16 most of my work is tripod mounted and I needed to fire three devices.
Anyone wishing to try the method I have outlined in post #16 do so their own risk.

Anthony McErlean November 10th, 2010 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Keaton (Post 1586398)
The ones on the nanoFlash.net and Symbiosis can be held in your hand, if desired.

Hi Dan,
I was talking to Mike today at Symbiosis to find out a wee bit more about the nanoRMT-LTC cable.
He also suggested a basic cable but didn't have a picture of it on their site.
Could you please link me to a picture of it.

Thanks again.

Dan Keaton November 10th, 2010 01:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Dear Anthony,

Here is a picture of the Remote Control Cable, with Tally Light, and Timecode input.

Anthony McErlean November 10th, 2010 01:42 PM

Thank you Dan.
Then the one Mike suggested is like that, minus the BNC end.
So is the record button is also the tally light

Did a bit of searching, Is it,

10-Pin Female Hirose to Remote Control with Tally, 1.8m

Thank you.

Dan Keaton November 10th, 2010 02:26 PM

Dear Anthony,

You contacted Mike Wattley of Symbiosis. You mentioned nanoRMT-LTC.

The picture in the last post is the one typeically sold by Symbiosis, and should be available from our dealers in the UK / Europe / Middle East and Africa. Or they may have a custom one.

Thus the one in the picture is nanoRMT-LTC. This one has a Female BNC connector for timecode input to the nanoFlash.

We can build these with a wide variety of options. and lengths.

Do you want to have the ability to input external LTC timecode into the nanoFlash, now or in the future?

Anthony McErlean November 10th, 2010 03:30 PM

Hi Dan,
It was the nanoRMT-LTC I was going to get from Mike, I told him I just wanted to have the NF record independent form the EX3. It was then he thought, I have another cable that doesn't have the BNC end just a basic on/off cable and would do as well.. but don't have a picture of it on our site.
I said OK that's good enough.
Thats the one then Dan, I asked you to link me to a picture of it, a basic cable. (Mike's words)

I was happy enough taking the nanoRMT-LTC but Mike thought If the cheaper one would do my job, go for that instead, which was a good idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Keaton (Post 1586779)
Do you want to have the ability to input external LTC timecode into the nanoFlash, now or in the future?

I don't think so, no.

Thanks Dan and sorry if i confused things a little, I didn't mean too.

Dan Keaton November 10th, 2010 05:11 PM

Dear Anthony,

No problem at all.

You can go to the following link to see a variety of these type cables:

nanoFlash.net Remote Control and Timecode Cables