DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   Next Generation Nanoflash Request (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/491081-next-generation-nanoflash-request.html)

Lance Librandi February 1st, 2011 07:58 PM

Next Generation Nanoflash Request

Hi to the CD team I would like to propose that the next generation Nanoflash have a H.264 SD/HD real time encoder included into the unit for streaming live or recorded video over the internet.

Mike Schell February 3rd, 2011 09:52 PM

Hi Lance-
Good suggestion, we'll take this under consideration.

Gerardo Campos February 4th, 2011 06:20 PM

next gen nanoflash

hi, and we need a 10bit 422 upgrade to nanoflash. KiPro Mini work on that Proress HQ 422 10bit 220Mbs. So please nanoflash upgrade

Simon Wood March 17th, 2011 01:19 PM

re: Next Generation Nanoflash Request

This is it (from Convergent Designs listing at the NAB page):

Introducing the Revolutionary Gemini 4:4:4, a Full Uncompressed, 10-Bit, 4:2:2 / 4:4:4 Recorder with Sunlight Viewable Monitor.

Gemini 4:4:4 supports Dual-Link, 3G, 1080p60, 3D and S-Log with full support for viewing LUTs.
Perfect for Alexa, F35, F3, Ex Series, and many others.

Gemini 4:4:4 allows Major Studios, Production Companies and Indie Filmmakers alike to achieve the ultimate in image quality.

Gemini 4:4:4 at $5,995 (Street Price) compliments the highly acclaimed nanoFlash.

It seems CD is listening! So, my request would be a a 'RED' like option to upgrade your older gear for the newer recorder at a rebate, somewhere down the line. :)

Rafael Amador March 17th, 2011 02:30 PM

That sounds simply ATOMIC!!
I can't wait to see the Gemini 4.4.4.
rafael

Buck Forester March 17th, 2011 03:30 PM

Do we know anything about this Gemini thing, such as size/weight, etc? I'm not sure they could fit all those specs in a small device. I'm very interested... I'm ready to buy a nanoflash for a project coming up but I've been holding off until the last minute in case they introduce a new product or upgrade, or there's a price drop.

Simon Wood March 17th, 2011 03:49 PM

We'll know after NAB.

Maybe it'll be something like the Cinedeck (as it has a monitor, though it does not say what size).
Though, I presume they will be showing a prototype or something, I doubt it will be shipping anytime soon (but you never know)...

Ed David March 18th, 2011 03:37 PM

the reduced upgrade path would be like Red but more simple - you sell your nanoflash. You make some money back and then you buy the Gemini.

Simon Wood March 18th, 2011 04:07 PM

True, very true. But worth a try anyway!

At any rate I dont plan on selling it anytime soon - it's still the best option out there for my set-up at the moment. I imagine the Nano and the Gemini will be selling alongside each other in the future as different tools for different jobs at different price-points.

If I did not already own one and was about to buy a recorder at this point in time, I'd still go for the Nano as it meets my requirements (and price)...

Jack Zhang March 18th, 2011 04:56 PM

I'll be very curious what codec the Gemini uses for it's economy modes. (if there are economy modes)

If it's uncompressed only, my guess is that it'll be using SSDs, but the record times might be a deal breaker, since SSDs are usually $200 for 120GB.

If there's HDMI 1080p60 support, this would be an excellent companion to the Panasonic TM900.

I'm looking into a XH-G1s + nanoFlash workflow in the next year and a half, with a new product being introduced, I'm sure the nanoFlash will drop in price.

Rafael Amador March 19th, 2011 01:20 PM

What makes different this device from other external recorders is that will make possible a fully uncompressed workflow.
More storage space will be needed, but on-lining will be very easy.
rafael

Chris Hurd March 20th, 2011 08:02 PM

Please continue the discussion here:

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/converge...i-4-4-4-a.html

Thanks,