DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   Can't get nanoFlash to see output of Canon HV30 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/492240-cant-get-nanoflash-see-output-canon-hv30.html)

Mike Bailey February 24th, 2011 05:56 PM

Can't get nanoFlash to see output of Canon HV30

I've got the nanoFlash set up for pushing its record button--knowing there's no tc. When I record on the Canon--the nanoFlash says it's awaiting signal... I've tried all of the variations of power up nano first, then camera and visa versa...

What am I doing wrong?

HV30 is in 1440x1080i setting. The post(s) that I have read say the nano will actually record 1920x1080.

Dan Keaton February 24th, 2011 08:41 PM

Re: Can't get nanoFlash to see output of Canon HV30

Dear Mike,

Sorry for the delay in responding, i have been traveling all day.

Do you have System|Source set to HDMI?

Mike Bailey February 24th, 2011 09:37 PM

Yes, hdmi is selected.

Dan Keaton February 25th, 2011 05:16 AM

Dear Mike,

Do ou have access to an HDMI TV?

If so, using a different cable, can you see the video on the TV.?

Did you buy a nanoFlash bundled and are using the cable that came with the bundle? I am trying to determine if you are using a quality HDMI cable.

Is the cable plugged into the HDMI Input, the one on the right of the nanoFlash?

I will be trraveling this morning.

Could you please call our support team?

Support Contacts | Convergent Design

Mike Bailey February 25th, 2011 07:04 AM

I've tried 2 hdmi cables--one was from the nanoFlash bundle.

I haven't connected the camera to the monitor yet, but if has been connected without issue in the past. Note that I cannot test the cables already mentioned because of the plug size: the HV30 has a full size hdmi and the nano is the smaller size. Of course the monitor is the standard size hdmi. The hdmi cable that was bundled is standard to miniature.

Dan Keaton February 25th, 2011 03:26 PM

Dear Mike,

If you use another cable, then connect to a television, then we will know that your camera is outputting video over HDMI.

Did you have a chance to call our support team?

Mike Bailey February 25th, 2011 04:54 PM

Dan:

I've checked the output to a monitor, the camera is operating correctly. Is there any issue with the hdmi cable going from standard size to the smaller size?

Dan Keaton February 25th, 2011 06:46 PM

Dear Mike,

If you contact our support team, we could send you another Type A to Type C cable to test.

The problem could be the cable.

Are you plugging the cable into the HDMI In, the one on the right?

Mike Bailey February 25th, 2011 09:06 PM

yes plugging in to the right port.

Mike Schell February 26th, 2011 12:41 PM

Hi Mike-
Try doing a restore defaults (I think it's under the system menu). Then go back and reselect HDMI as your source. Maybe this will do the trick.

Mike Bailey February 26th, 2011 05:29 PM

Thanks Mike, but it did not work. I tried restoring several times, and selecting hdmi, no soap.

Mike Bailey February 26th, 2011 07:02 PM

Just hooked up the nanoFlash to my HDV deck and it recorded the tape playback--using the hdmi cable bundled with the nano.

So it looks like it doesn't like the output from the camera--though the camera outputs a hdmi signal to a monitor without a problem.

I thought the nano was tested with several of the Canon HV products?

Dan Keaton February 26th, 2011 10:21 PM

Dear Mike,

The nanoFlash works very well with the HDMI output of a Canon HV20, HV30, HV40, etc.

In fact, we use an HV30 every day to feed nanoFlashes a signal during our manufacturing process.

We will be happy to test your nanoFlash.

Could you please call me so we can assist you?

My phone numbers are listed under my name, Dan Keaton, near the bottom of the page, in the following link:

Support Contacts | Convergent Design

Or you can email me by click on my name (and selecting the email option). If you provide me with a phone number and time to call, I will be happy to call you.