DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   Nab (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/494272-nab.html)

Dan Keaton April 7th, 2011 03:57 PM

Nab

1 Attachment(s)
Dear Friends,

We will be at NAB next week, in Las Vegas, to meet with all of our Flash XDR and nanoFlash friends and to introduce the Gemini 4:4:4.

Please come by to visit, We will be happy to answer any Flash XDR / nanoFlash questions.

We will have a Stereo Rig in our booth, a Sony F3, a Panasonic AF100 and Toshiba POV cameras.

While the Gemini 4:4:4 is the new kid on the block, the nanoFlash is still very near and dear to our hearts.

Our Booth is near Sony, at the back of the Central Hall, Booth Number C11126.

David Rogers April 7th, 2011 10:31 PM

Re: Nab

Would love to be there Dan. However I do have a question regarding the XDR. Is it a dead horse now or will there be any/some support for it in the future?

Thanks
David Rogers, a Flash XDR owner
Nashvegas

Dan Keaton April 8th, 2011 05:09 AM

Dear David,

We will continue to support the Flash XDR.

David Rogers April 8th, 2011 09:13 PM

Thanks Dan. Any chance of updates that would bring it on par with the Nano?

David Rogers

Dan Keaton April 9th, 2011 08:27 AM

Dear David,

We tried hard to bring the Flash XDR and nanoFlash up to the exact same level of firmware last December.

We needed to get out a "Production Level" release for both units and we decided not to delay the Flash XDR users from the benefits of the firmware work that we had done and had thorooughly tested.

I would love to be able to tell you exactly when we can bring them up to the same level, but I can't at this time.

Hart Boyd April 12th, 2011 08:12 AM

Dan,

We came by your booth yesterday to look at your products and could not get any assistance. I know it is a crazy time but we tried twice to talk to a repasentive without any luck as they gave us the once over, look at our badges and then walked away to help someone else that just walked up that they apparently knew or recognized their company. We left with the impress that we were not worth the time to talk to based upon our appearance (jeans and a very nice tee shirt) or our company names that we work for. Can't express my feeling enough on how that made us feel.

I have followed your product offering on this forum and thought that you were always the most responsive and helpful person to answer anyone concerns and wish I would have run into you there. No biggie but wanted to let you know and I will move on.

Dan Keaton April 13th, 2011 06:50 AM

Dear Boyd,

Please accept my deepest apologies..

It is very diifficult to properly greet and provide proper answers to all guests at our booth.

No offense was intended in any way. Our staff are constanting being pulled in many directions and try to answer everyones questions.

Please come by our booth again today and find our hostess, Roxanne. Then ask for me.

If in the remote case that I am not in the booth, she will personally ensure that your questions are answered.

We have a 20' x 20' booth and we have 10 very knowledgeable people in our booth to answer questions.

So far, we have had over 1,500 people visit our booth.

I do hope you will come by again.

Jim Arthurs April 16th, 2011 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hart Boyd (Post 1637961)
We left with the impress that we were not worth the time to talk to based upon our appearance (jeans and a very nice tee shirt) or our company names that we work for. Can't express my feeling enough on how that made us feel.

As one of the volunteer helpers in the Convergent Booth greeting guests and answering questions, let me echo Dan's words and add a few of my own.

Over the years I've been on both sides of this sort of experience, and I know it's easy to form an impression that will last forever. I could easily recount which companies I have felt slighted at or by, and which have made me feel welcome over nearly 20 years of NAB attendance.

Please believe that my intention at every moment I was on the floor was to provide service. It truly can be overwhelming on our end, and everyone has different needs and requires a different degree of attention. Often extra time is spent working through language issues, or cultural differences. Sometimes the offer of assistance is rather smartly rebuked, or unwanted. All we can do is ask, or try and pick up on nonverbal clues if you're talking with someone and notice another person approaching.

Also please note that appearance or dress means nothing and is NEVER a pre-filter. Nor is the badge or company name. I personally tried to make eye contact and engage anyone within my field of view. However, no one is perfect, or can maintain that level of engagement for the run of the day and the run of the show. It may interest you to know that some of us in the booth were simply happy customers, excited by Convergent, and their products, and eager to spread the word, and not from the world of sales and marketing. What we lack in public experience or polish, hopefully we made up for in enthusiasm and energy.

Absolutely everyone on the Convergent team was very delighted to be there, and I can speak for all when I say that it wasn't a job, but a privilege to meet as many folks as possible, and learn their story.

With regards,

Jim Arthurs

Hart Boyd April 18th, 2011 04:28 PM

It is all good guys. I wish I had the chance to come by again but between the classes and a massive show to cover I did not get a second chance. I did get to see a unit in person as there we several resellers that had a nanoFlash and I was allowed to play with it. I know the show can be overwhelming for vendors and I guess I just hit your booth at the wrong time.