DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   Convergent Design (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/514653-convergent-design.html)

Dan Keaton February 28th, 2013 07:49 AM

Convergent Design

Dear Friends,

I'm back!

I have had an overwhelming schedule as of late and apologize that I have been absent from the forum.

I can assure you, however, that I have restructured my schedule to make my presence here on DVinfo.net active daily again!

If you were left feeling fearful of the stability and certainty of Convergent Design, fear not!

Convergent Design is alive and well, and no we have not gone away. In fact, we have grown!

Convergent has expanded our team, adding two highly qualified engineers to work on our most complex projects and additional team members to help with firmware testing.

We will also be purchasing and moving into a new building in the next six months to accommodate our growth!

Last month we shipped our 5,000th nanoFlash. Today there are many choices in the professional on-camera recorder market, and we are thrilled at the continued success that nanoFlash is seeing after 3.5 years on the market. And more than that, the overwhelming support, devotion and passion nanoFlash users have is very rewarding.

Convergent Design turned its engineering efforts toward uncompressed and raw recording after the successful nanoFlash launch, creating the Gemini 4:4:4 recorder. And we are currently testing a new firmware release for the nanoFlash.

The Gemini 4:4:4 has been tested, accepted, and is in almost constant use by leading rental companies around the world for episodic television and feature films, including Robocop 3, Hang Over 3, How to Live With Your Parents (ABC) and many others.

And it is being used for high-end commercials including Cadillac and BMW.

Convergent Design has proven reliability and sustainability as the premier recording technologies producer.

We do hope you will come see us at NAB, Booth C6713, April 8-11.

I personally strive to be available for support calls 24/7, every day of the year.

Please feel free to call me for support or general product questions at any time at
803 - 278 - 0941 or 719 - 930 - 1376. Our main office number is 720 - 221 - 3861.

John Richard February 28th, 2013 09:08 AM

Re: Convergent Design

Excellent to see you back Dan! You were definitely missed.

Dan Keaton February 28th, 2013 09:12 AM

Dear John,

Thank you very much.

Al Yeung March 2nd, 2013 03:12 PM

Looking forward to updates on the nanoflash!

Thomas Diehl March 9th, 2013 01:05 AM

Will the Update support the c100?
About when will it come?

Dan Keaton March 10th, 2013 06:20 PM

Dear Thomas,

We have customers that are already using the nanoFlash with the Canon C100.

I do not know if all frame rates and modes work, but a friend who has one says that it works fine.

And he just loves the C100.

I will try to learn our expected release date for the new firmware soon.

Chris Hurd March 10th, 2013 07:17 PM

Really looking forward to seeing you at NAB, Dan! Plus the rest of the Convergent Design crew.

Dan Keaton March 10th, 2013 08:38 PM

Dear Chris,

It will be great seeing you again at NAB!

Greg Boston March 10th, 2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hurd (Post 1783673)
Really looking forward to seeing you at NAB, Dan! Plus the rest of the Convergent Design crew.

I echo Chris' sentiments, Dan. Always enjoy visiting with you guys at NAB.

-gb-

Dan Keaton March 11th, 2013 06:15 AM

Dear Greg,

It is nice to hear from you.

Our team is looking forward to NAB.

Jack Zhang April 25th, 2013 08:15 AM

Hey Dan,

There has been no new news since your original post in this thread on the "testing" for a new firmware release for the Nanoflash after NAB.

I'm hoping that one of the planned fixes is the HDMI bug that forces me into a position to purchase a HDMI-SDI converter to capture from HDMI sources that will occasionally go to video black or lower.

SD HDMI would be nice, and Last Clip Delete functioning again would also be appreciated.

Dan Keaton April 25th, 2013 08:18 AM

Dear Jack,

I will check with our engineers shortly.

It is still a little early in Colorado Springs right now.

Dan Keaton April 25th, 2013 08:25 AM

Dear Jack,

I have talked with our Chief Engineer.

I am assuming that the camera is outputting a binary 0 (a null) for deep black, and this is illegal.

This is a signal for us to stop recording.

We would like to know which cameras are doing this, and under which conditions so that we can test this.

Respectfully,

Jack Zhang April 25th, 2013 09:17 AM

I remember earlier tests of POV cameras have resulted in this issue if the camera's lens was covered.

The only way around this is to use a HDMI-SDI converter if no firmware update can be provided that fixes this HDMI bug.

Dan Keaton April 25th, 2013 09:21 AM

Dear Jack,

We have some POV Cameras in our lab, so we can test with what we have.

Do you happen to remember which one?

Does this ever happen with a real-world image, one without the lens cap being on?

Respecfully,