DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   Delkin Card Failure (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/520140-delkin-card-failure.html)

Lance Librandi November 18th, 2013 05:24 PM

Delkin Card Failure

Hi I have a Delkin UDMA 64gb card that's is just over 2 years old and it will no longer format or play the contents on the Nanoflash rev 1.6.248.
When the card is inserted into the Nanoflash I get "DMA RD(1): Err=0004" message.
If I try to format the card the format process goes ahead but seems to hang and at then I get
"Insert (1): 97,0004 message.
Any insight would be appericated.

Thanks
Lance

Chris Medico November 18th, 2013 05:39 PM

Re: Delkin Card Failure

Have you tried to read it with your computer?

Look in the slot of the recorder and make sure one of the pins isn't bent.

Lance Librandi November 18th, 2013 08:04 PM

I can read and transfer the contents. I also out of desperation attempted to format the card in fat32 but windows 7 report I/O error and nothing happens. I also tried to clean, partition and format the card from the CMD without success.
l have never seen this with a card where you can still read the contents of the card but not format the card, almost like it's been write inhibited.
I wonder if it's a control chip problem on the card that's failed.

Thanks

Dan Keaton November 18th, 2013 09:33 PM

Dear Lance,

First, I would take a bright flashlight and check for bent pins in the nanoFlash.

Please check both slots.

The DMA error message indicates that we cannot perform a high speed (Direct Memory Access) Read from the CompactFlash card.

Do other cards format ok?

Lance Librandi November 21st, 2013 03:59 PM

Dear Dan,
I have managed to get the Nanoflash under a microscope and all pins in slot 1 and 2 are not bent, I also examined the connection socket of the Delkin card in case there may be any foreign debris and all sockets are clear. Mechanically both card and Nano flash are clear, I can also format other CF cards in both slots of the Nanoflash with no problems. I now know the card is now stuffed but it would have been nice to know what or why this has occurred. I will now have to put Delkin and Gmonster cards into the same do not buy category as both have now exhibited unexplained errors.

Dan Keaton November 23rd, 2013 12:51 AM

Dear Lance,

I will discuss this with Delkin.

Which type/speed of card were you using?

Lance Librandi November 26th, 2013 02:36 PM

Thanks Dan the card in question is a Delkin CompactFlash Pro UDMA 64gb 420x 63MB/s card.

Dan Keaton November 26th, 2013 03:23 PM

Dear Lance,

I have notified our Delkin representative.

Respectfully,

Dan Keaton November 26th, 2013 04:20 PM

Dear Lance,

I have notified our Delkin Representative, Scott Clark.

He has registered for this forum, and is awaiting approval to post a reply.

He told me:

"It seems this card has been corrupted and needs to be replaced."

Delkin stands behind their products.

Respectfully,