DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Digital Compositing and Effects (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-compositing-effects/)
-   -   Bond Girls (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-compositing-effects/194789-bond-girls.html)

G. Lee Gordon April 13th, 2009 08:52 PM

Bond Girls

What is the best way (with the easiest learning curve) to make a negative image effect, like the ladies dancing in the beginning of james bond movies?

Tripp Woelfel April 13th, 2009 09:13 PM

With what? It'll be easier to give specific instructions if we know what software you're using.

Fundamentally, shoot the girls against a green screen. Key that footage against whatever you want to use for the foreground and background layers. There's a few ways to go from there and knowing what's in your toolkit will generate the best guidance.

Ray Bell April 14th, 2009 05:19 AM

This isn't the bond girls, but might get you started...

Make Your Own iPod style Photo | Effects, Photography, Tutorials | Photoshop Lab

G. Lee Gordon May 3rd, 2009 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tripp Woelfel (Post 1089919)
With what? It'll be easier to give specific instructions if we know what software you're using.

I'm editing with FCP.

Nate Haustein May 4th, 2009 01:10 AM

Thread drew me right in...

Here's how I would do it, it works in my head at least.

Shoot in front of greenscreen with normal exposure, then key out the green leaving the dancing (naked) girl. After that replace the background layer with trippy 3D graphics and such. Then apply filter(s) to the keyed layer of the girl, perhaps blowing out the image to white.

I suppose you could export that layer out, then use a luma key to replace the white body image with whatever funky moving patters you wanted to.

Andrew Dean May 23rd, 2009 12:26 AM

it depends on which movie you are referring to, but several bond girls are slowly moving around while images are projected onto their skin. A video projector and a dark room and you can reproduce this effect.

For the keying, shoot on a colored wall, chromakey then use the invert of that as mask for whatever "girl shaped trippy effects" you want to use. Be sure to place the greenscreen footage one layer above the trippy effects and apply the invert matte to the effects.

The good bond openings are a combination of the keyed ladies and the projected/crazily-lit ladies... and with newer bonds thats also mixed with lots of 3d graphics.

hope that helps.

Austin Meyers October 4th, 2009 10:35 PM

in motion you can pull the key and then apply the colorize/tint effect to the resulting layer.

My iTunes Spec commercial:
Meteor Street Massive - Out Loud Spec iTunes Commercial on Vimeo

G. Lee Gordon November 10th, 2009 03:01 PM

I found the answer to my own question. It's pretty basic in after effects by using masks and backgrounds. Now I just have to find 10 or 20 incredibly beautiful girls to let me film them!

Gerald Webb November 11th, 2009 01:59 PM

Well that would be the most challenging part of this technique, wouldn't it?
Colourama in AFX would be another easy way to do this, it would give you simple Black and white which could be keyed either way.