DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Digital Compositing and Effects (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-compositing-effects/)
-   -   A short stabilization demo (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-compositing-effects/468507-short-stabilization-demo.html)

Brian Luce December 21st, 2009 12:23 PM

Okay I got it, you're right, two filters were being applied against each other, here's the part I was missing, after configuring for the second pass, on my version you have UNCHECK the pass one box, they'll both appear and the default has them both checked.

Perrone Ford December 21st, 2009 12:48 PM

You are configuring for the second pass incorrectly. When the first pass is done, give me the EXACT steps you are taking to do the second pass.

Brian Luce December 21st, 2009 01:24 PM

menu>video>filters>add>deshaker>ok>click Pass 2>ok>uncheck pass 1>ok(>0)>save as

Perrone Ford December 21st, 2009 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Luce (Post 1462984)
menu>video>filters>add>deshaker>ok>click Pass 2>ok>uncheck pass 1>ok(>0)>save as

Yep,

That's where the error is.

Menu> Double-click Deshaker > Click Pass 2 button > Ok > ">0"

You are adding a second filter to do the second pass, and that is unnecesary. You use the same filter to do both passes.

Brian Luce December 22nd, 2009 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perrone Ford (Post 1463006)
Yep,

That's where the error is.

Menu> Double-click Deshaker > Click Pass 2 button > Ok > ">0"

You are adding a second filter to do the second pass, and that is unnecesary. You use the same filter to do both passes.

Thanks so much for the help Perrone, you're a true asset to DVinfo.

Bruce Phung January 1st, 2010 02:02 PM

I am testing out a very small file, 78.1MB video file, deshaked and save the output to larith AVI codec resulting a 1.18GB that is a huge file. I am thinking, hack, it better just try to shoot good video to start with. Avoid this insane huge file and take a long time to deshake it.

Perrone Ford January 1st, 2010 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Phung (Post 1466870)
I am testing out a very small file, 78.1MB video file, deshaked and save the output to larith AVI codec resulting a 1.18GB that is a huge file. I am thinking, hack, it better just try to shoot good video to start with. Avoid this insane huge file and take a long time to deshake it.

Yep, and yet people still shook shaky video. And camera manufacturers still install image stabilizers in lenses, and people still refuse to use a tripod or other camera support.

So...

BTW, if you think Lagarith makes large files, try uncompresed HD. When you encode uncompressed HD, you get a good sense of how much data your camera codec is throwing away so that you can fit an hour onto a little card.

David Elkins February 20th, 2010 01:38 PM

I feel stupid asking this question, but I have scoured the net and just want this stated to me in black and white. Is Vdub Deshaker available for Mac platforms or not? If not I suppose this could be a reason to install Windows?

Perrone Ford February 20th, 2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Elkins (Post 1488626)
I feel stupid asking this question, but I have scoured the net and just want this stated to me in black and white. Is Vdub Deshaker available for Mac platforms or not? If not I suppose this could be a reason to install Bootcamp?

It is not. There are numerous free utilities like this on the PC platform that are not available on Mac. Some cost money, others are simply not available.

David Elkins February 20th, 2010 02:08 PM

OK, thanks. So is it compatible with Win 7 or do I need to go Vista?

Perrone Ford February 20th, 2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Elkins (Post 1488641)
OK, thanks. So is it compatible with Win 7 or do I need to go Vista?

I've run it on XP, Vista, and Win7 just fine.

David Elkins February 27th, 2010 08:28 PM

Can't find Deshaker 2.4

Anyone know why I can only download Deshaker 1.9.8 when there is a version 2.4 available? I have tried numerous times with the same result. I am downloading from here:

http://www.guthspot.se/video/deshaker.htm

Anyone have a better link?

Perrone Ford February 28th, 2010 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Elkins (Post 1492251)
Anyone know why I can only download Deshaker 1.9.8 when there is a version 2.4 available? I have tried numerous times with the same result. I am downloading from here:

http://www.guthspot.se/video/deshaker.htm

Anyone have a better link?

Does the one you downloaded have the rolling shutter compensator? If so, you've got the latest one.

David Elkins February 28th, 2010 01:34 AM

It has a check box for the rolling shutter, but I cannot set a percentage. Also, file says 1.9.8.

Perrone Ford February 28th, 2010 01:36 AM

Cannot set a percentage. That's odd.

Don't worry about what the file version says. The rolling shutter stuff wasn't added until the latest version.