DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Digital Compositing and Effects (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-compositing-effects/)
-   -   How do I create titles like those in the Sirius commercial (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-compositing-effects/470833-how-do-i-create-titles-like-those-sirius-commercial.html)

Paul Cascio January 11th, 2010 04:16 PM

How do I create titles like those in the Sirius commercial

Anyone have an AE project file, or explanation for creating text like that used in the Sirius commercial. I've never done anything like this before, but would like to create something similar. I think Comcast uses the same effect in their commercials too.

Thanks, here's a link:

YouTube - 2009 Sirius XM commercial

Gregory Gesch January 11th, 2010 04:55 PM

Hi Paul. Fairly straightforward. Create each line as a seperate layer. Add Layer/Layer Styles/Gradient to each layer (the gradient settings can be tweaked in the layer's dropdown). Make each layer 3D, position them in Z space. Create a camera, set it's depth of field to slightly blur the furthest layer, keyframe camera movement. Hope that helps?

Paul Cascio January 13th, 2010 06:23 AM

It's that easy? Thanks Greg.

Ray Bell January 13th, 2010 08:36 AM

You must be living right :-)

Videocopilot just released his free " Sure Target 2 " plugin to create the title your asking
about...

He also has a great tutorial on how to use it... you cant miss with this one...

here's the link...

VIDEO COPILOT | After Effects Tutorials & Post Production Tools

Paul Cascio January 13th, 2010 01:59 PM

Wow, awesome. I love Andrew's stuff. He's got a great teaching style too.

Tom Koveleskie January 13th, 2010 07:46 PM

Those titles are in 3D space. I just checked out Andrew Kramers Sure Target 2 and that is the way to go. Saves a lot of time and learning curve.

Marcus Martell January 19th, 2010 03:55 AM

sorry for the question:
how do you add depth of field (i m a newbie in ae).Could you drive me on this please?
I mean i don t know whre to start to play with the values....
thx a lot

Gregory Gesch January 19th, 2010 04:55 PM

Hi Marcus. In the camera's dropdown in the layer panel you will see Camera Options. Set Depth of Field to On, then play with the Focus distance and Aperture settings to get the look you want (and blur level if necessary). A trick is to hold down your shift key as you are changing values and the numbers will move more quickly, then when you get something like what you want release the shift key and fine tune it. Trust that helps.

Marcus Martell January 22nd, 2010 02:57 PM

Is there a good tutorial somewhere where i can learn this stunning effect?

thx

Gregory Gesch January 22nd, 2010 05:40 PM

I'm not aware of any video tutorials specificaly about this but:
Using Depth of Field to Create Flythroughs : Adobe After Effects Tutorial
might interest you.