DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Digital Video Industry News (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/)
-   -   MovieTube: more info ! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/13608-movietube-more-info.html)

Steven-Marc Couchouron August 22nd, 2003 02:19 AM

MovieTube: more info !

MovieTube is a promising new system competing with the Mini35 but using it's own technology, and adding many features making for the ultimate "pro" enhancement of your current DV cam.

Check out www.movietube.com or this thread:
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...threadid=10532

Here's the press release I just received (note that MovieTube will unfortunately NOT be shown at IBC):

MOVIEtube will hit the market in late winter 2003 and will be sold in various kinds.

The MOVIEtube product line is providing the same depth of field and angel of view as the 35mm format.

Because there is no need to rotate the grain less groundglas (patent pending), MOVIEtube is providing a sharper image with no hotspot and it is operating without any noise.

For use in professional productions we developed the MOVIEtube PRO, with professional features known from traditional movie cameras:

- A integrated shoulder-set for use on shoulder for living- camera moves

- Three WALTERgrip handles for low shots and handheld action

- A socket for use with Sony compatible professional viewfinder, to provide a sharp Image for controlling the focus.

- Equipped with standard Arri connectors for wireless follow-focus, wireless image transmitter and all the other Arri accessories like focus control monitor etc.

- Standard video rods for video accessories

- 35mm or 16mm rods for connecting matboxes and accessories

- 52mm DV-filter mount for using small and therefore cheap DV-filters behind the Lens (Option)

- 2 Balanced XLR-connectors for connecting professionel sound gear

To start more cost-conscious with the MOVIEtube product line we are proud to introduce the MOVIEtube LT.

The MOVIEtube LT is a small unit with less features than the MOVIEtube PRO, but providing the same Image as the PRO.

The MOVIEtube LT is running without electronic power, except the Battery on the DV-Camera. Therefore it is lightweight, small and about half the cost of a MOVIEtube PRO. MOVIEtube LT can be later upgraded to be a full-blown MOVIEtube PRO unit.

The MOVIEtube System accepts Lenses from Panavision, Arri, Nikon, Canon, Minolta, Pentax, Contax!

The MOVIEtube 35mm Camera System is at the moment approved for the following cameras:*

- Sony PD-100

- Sony PD-150

- Sony VX 1000/2000

- Sony TVR Series

- Canon XM2

…others will follow!

* Approved cameras can be docked directly on the MOVIEtube. No additional relay lenses are needed. Canon XL-1 /s is not supported.

At the moment we are not able to quote the exact prize for the MOVIEtube PRO and the MOVIEtube LT .

For further information please visit frequently our Web Domain http://www.movietube.com it will be online in a few month! A 3D technique section will provide answers for many questions about MOVIEtube. A show room, a user forum and an online MOVIEtube SHOP are waiting to be visited.

Thanks again for your interest!

We are receive this huge interest in MOVIEtube, from people all around the globe even though we didn´t start the MOVIEtube sales promotion yet!

We would be happy to welcome you some day as a satisfied MOVIEtube user

Regards

JK
-Marketing & Sales MOVIEtube-

Imran Zaidi August 22nd, 2003 06:44 AM

Holy wow - you can upgrade from the LT to the full blown Pro version. If the pricepoint is right, this could take off in the DV world like gangbusters.

I can't wait!

Andrew Petrie August 22nd, 2003 06:59 AM

The XL1 is simply flat-out not supported?? BAH!

Steven-Marc Couchouron August 22nd, 2003 07:21 AM

It seems only camcorders with a 52mm thread are supported... which leaves the DVX100 out, unfortunately. But these are just preliminary specs.

The most interesting point to me is that it doesn't use the same technology as the Mini35. Since the groundglass doesn't rotate, the unit (at least the LT version) could be less expensive to build...

This is all speculation of course. The only thing to hope for is that the thing isn't just vaporware !

Clayton Farr August 22nd, 2003 07:31 AM

Hello Steven-Marc,

Are you directly affiliated with this group or just relaying this information? If you are involved, it would definitely be helpful to at least know an expected price range. Also it sounds like a serious design oversight to not support two of the primary DV cameras that people who might be interested in this unit would be utilizing (XL1, DVX100).

Thank you for the information though,
Clayton

P.S. - Also, to whomever sees this that is working with the company, you have a large typo on your english site - "comming soon" should be "coming soon" - not being critical, just trying to help - since all I recall from three years of French class is: 'Je ne sais pas'...

Steven-Marc Couchouron August 22nd, 2003 08:59 AM

Lol, no, sorry, no affiliation, and I believe they're german, not french. So that would be "Ich weiss nicht..." ;-)

I really think they have no idea what the price is going to be, because all they probably have is a prototype, which is why they won't be showing at IBC.

Regarding the XL1, well, it already has the Mini35 option. It would be a real shame if it didn't support the DVX100 however, since this unit is really directed at filmmakers.

I will try and get some further info, and hopefully a demo in the near future.

Victor Muh August 23rd, 2003 03:46 PM

"Canon XL-1 /s is not supported."

WHAT?!?!

You can just fuhgeddaboudit!

By the way, somebody please tell those guys that coming is not spelled "comming."

Bitte schön!

Michael Struthers September 9th, 2003 04:13 PM

XL1s is toast..

no need to support it now. Most DP's I know prefer the new vid cams.

Victor Muh September 9th, 2003 04:33 PM

Why is that? Ignorance?

<<<-- Originally posted by Michael Struthers : XL1s is toast..

Most DP's I know prefer the new vid cams. -->>>

Cosmin Rotaru September 10th, 2003 11:05 AM

As far as I know, it won't be cheaper than the mini35.

Imran Zaidi September 10th, 2003 11:34 AM

I requested more information of them, and they responded with some boiler plate information that there will be two versions, the Movietube Pro and the LT, which will be about half the cost of the PRO but with the same picture quality.

They did clearly state, though, that they are not sharing pricing with anyone just yet.

Frank Roberts December 21st, 2003 09:12 PM

Will the DVX come soon?

Hi all,
I'm not sure just how much info anyone has, but will the dvx100 be supported soon? Thanks, Mike

I just realized all of these posts were months ago. Sorry gents.