DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Digital Video Industry News (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/)
-   -   Videoguys new website! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/144926-videoguys-new-website.html)

Gary Bettan March 2nd, 2009 12:23 PM

Videoguys new website!

I wanted to invite DV Info Net members to be the first to check out our new website!!

Videoguys.com

We've been working on the new site design for over a year. We wanted to be able to offer all the rich content that makes Videoguys.com such an important site, while adding a state of the art database driven e-comm engine.

Navigation and an improved user experience are the top priorities. Now our guides and blogs and products are all fully search able. We worked really hard to give a consistent organization, navigation and flow to the site. One of the things that has always been one of our strengths has been our special bundle offers. With the new site this is even stronger.

The site and cart are fully functional. We're going to run it side by side with the old site for a couple of weeks before we totally switch over. I welcome your feedback on what you think about it. You can email me directly or use this thread.

The 5% discount coupon for dvifonet members is working as well.

Gary

Chris Hurd March 2nd, 2009 12:39 PM

Looking good there Gary -- thanks for letting us know!

Julius Tan March 2nd, 2009 12:39 PM

I think it looks much better now.

I just can't help but notice the improvement on the url too.

Gary Bettan March 2nd, 2009 01:39 PM

Great catch on the URL. We'll actually be using both Videoguys.com and Hdvideoguys.com going forward.

One of my favorite features of the new site is the search.Type in a product and you not only get search results from the store. We bring up the top 2 guide links, as well as a link to an guide or blog articles. It's really fast as well.

The other big feature is the PC/Mac/All switch in the upper right side. Select your platform, and our site will automatically switch to products for your platform. Mac guys don't have to dig through PC versions and PC guys won't see Final Cut stuff. Pretty darn cool if you ask me. If you want to see everything, just select All as your choice.

I'm also really happy with the way we can offer far more bundles while making it easier to find them. Some of you old timers may recall our kitchen sink bundle configurator. We'll be bringing that back, even better, with more options and deeper savings. That should go live in May.

We'll be adding new features and improvements throughout the year.

Gary

Nicholas de Kock March 5th, 2009 08:58 PM

I was actually thinking that you guys "need" a new website just the other day. Looks good.

Dylan Couper March 10th, 2009 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary Bettan (Post 1021013)
Great catch on the URL. We'll actually be using both Videoguys.com and Hdvideoguys.com going forward.

I'm curious as to why... doesn't this dilute your brand, cause URL confusion for advertising/promotion, and weaken your overall SEO optimization?

The new site does look good though and I love the Mac/PC switch

Gary Bettan March 10th, 2009 11:14 AM

Dylan,

Excellent point. We are not changing our name or URL. In order to run a beta site parallel to the old site, we parked it on hdvideoguys.com

We are hoping next week to move the new site to the Videoguys.com URL. At that time we'll set up hdvideoguys as a mirror site.

So using eihter hdvideoguys or videoguys will give you the same pages and results.

Gary

Gary Bettan March 13th, 2009 12:57 PM

We just posted a new guide on our website. It gives you a tour of some of the cool new features we've integrated into the new Videoguys.com

Videoguys Blog - Your Tour Through the NEW Videoguys.com Site

Gary

Andrew Smith March 15th, 2009 09:34 PM

Hi Gary,

I've just spotted a bug on the front page of your new VideoGuys site.

I'm viewing using Google Chrome and in the "money saving bundles" section the pricing and "add to cart" buttons are off the page and to the far right. You have to maximise your browser to spot them.

This is the only place it happens. The price/buttons are located correctly for all other sections (on the front page).

Andrew

Gary Bettan March 16th, 2009 10:18 AM

thanx for the heads up. our web team is on it.

Gary

Andrew Smith March 16th, 2009 09:09 PM

Just checked again. Fixed already.

Andrew