DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Digital Video Industry News (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/)
-   -   Kessler Pocket Dolly™ Released (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/234175-kessler-pocket-dolly-released.html)

Chris Beller April 27th, 2009 08:23 PM

Kessler Pocket Dolly™ Released

For those of you that have been following the development of the Pocket Dolly™ (aka Krank), I wanted to let you know it is know available on our website. It weighs in at approximately 6.5 pounds, 38" long, with 35" of travel. Recommended max weight capacity, if mounted flush to our Hercules 2.0 head on the K-Pod™ is 20 pounds, with no additional supports required.

We will be releasing a backbone upgrade soon, that will allow for an even heavier payload, without the need for additional supports.

Check out the Pocket Dolly™ page on our website for more information and photos. More video will be coming soon.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks!
Chris

Jeff Anselmo April 29th, 2009 08:56 AM

Congrats!

Hi Chris,

Congratulations on the release of the Pocket Dolly! Will be considering ordering one really soon (just waiting on funds :).

I think you and the Kessler folks have put out another good quality product.

Best,

Miklos Konczol April 29th, 2009 01:08 PM

HEHE

I dont belive for my eyes...

It is IGUS!!!!!

igus (german) http://www.igus.de/wpck/default.aspx?pagenr=1994 or www.igus.com (usa)

I builted mine under 160USD

Toenis Liivamaegi April 30th, 2009 01:58 AM

I've browsed through all IGUS products and they don't manufacture top-cranked side-belt driven sliding tables. This is as close as you get igus DryLin® ZLW - Toothed belt axis

T

Miklos Konczol April 30th, 2009 01:44 PM

as u wish!
but is fact that the slider is IGUS.
I have one and I plan to make powered motion for better smooth motion. It will be better motion and much more cheaper.
of course if u dont like DIY system buy one... or two

Chris Beller April 30th, 2009 03:21 PM

The rail and Drylin® guides are the only Igus parts in the Pocket Dolly™. That's not a secret, Zaza even mentions our product in his thread, and that we were using some Igus parts in our design. Thanks.

John Vincent May 1st, 2009 02:21 PM

Is that a dolly in your pocket, or are you just excited to see me?

:)

Couldn't resist.

john

Chris Beller May 8th, 2009 10:30 PM

We've posted a better promo video for the Pocket Dolly™ on our YouTube page. We should have more footage coming in the next few weeks.

YouTube - Pocket Dolly? Promo

Christopher Witz May 9th, 2009 07:31 AM

my pocket dolly showed up last week, and it is fantastic. I've shot a few quick scenes on my red and it is smooth as silk. Much better than the indieslider.

I'd also like to say how wonderful the hercules 2.0 head is..... handles a fully kit'd red perfectly.

Great job kessler!

Sean Seah May 9th, 2009 07:58 AM

Kessler has value added in the design and it is up to the buyer to decide. Why post unnecessary remarks here? There are 2 other mfg using the same parts and all of them value add in a way and people still buy them.

I owned a kessler crane previously n I have to say its value for $ for the price point. Keep up the good work Kessler!

Jeff Anselmo May 15th, 2009 04:47 PM

Hi Christopher,

Any chance we can see footage of the dolly and your RED in action?

Best,

Matt Irwin October 27th, 2009 11:29 PM

Hi,

Where can I demo the PocketDolly in the Los Angeles area? I'm interested in it for an upcoming project and would like to try before we buy.

Any dealers? Owner/operators that can lend us an hour?

Thanks,

Christopher Witz October 31st, 2009 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Anselmo (Post 1143654)
Hi Christopher,

Any chance we can see footage of the dolly and your RED in action?

Best,

sure... here's a really cheesy trailer I shot back in june.... lot's of pocket dolly moves.

index

and here's another....

http://www.witzke-studio.com/vault/the-vault.mov

Dror Levi October 31st, 2009 11:39 AM

I build my glidetrack, but this is still a great deal for the money

Desmond Sukotjo January 14th, 2010 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Beller (Post 1134196)
For those of you that have been following the development of the Pocket Dolly™ (aka Krank), I wanted to let you know it is know available on our website. It weighs in at approximately 6.5 pounds, 38" long, with 35" of travel. Recommended max weight capacity, if mounted flush to our Hercules 2.0 head on the K-Pod™ is 20 pounds, with no additional supports required.

We will be releasing a backbone upgrade soon, that will allow for an even heavier payload, without the need for additional supports.

Check out the Pocket Dolly™ page on our website for more information and photos. More video will be coming soon.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks!
Chris

So Chris. Is that backbone upgrade ready yet? I don't see it in the website.