DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Digital Video Industry News (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/)
-   -   Cine Gear Expo 2009 - June 5th & 6th (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/235503-cine-gear-expo-2009-june-5th-6th.html)

Chris Beller May 17th, 2009 10:02 AM

Cine Gear Expo 2009 - June 5th & 6th

Anybody else heading out to the Cine Gear Expo on the Paramount Studios Backlot?

Cine Gear Expo - Los Angeles - The Film, Video, & Digital Media Expo with Focus.

Kessler Crane will be located in Booth #38 showing off the Pocket Dolly™ & Pocket Jib*™, along with all kinds of other equipment. If you're going to be there, stop by and check things out, and say hi to Eric & I.

Chris Hurd May 17th, 2009 10:41 AM

I was *this* close to making this show, but the wife is out of town on those days and I'm saddled with the farm and all associated chores while she's gone. Sorry I'll miss you guys; would have really enjoyed seeing you there. If anyone else is going, please take photos and file a report here for the benefit of those of us who are stuck at home. Thanks in advance,

Chris Beller May 18th, 2009 02:29 PM

Bummer to hear you won't be able to make it, Chris. I was hoping to be able to meet you, since it didn't work out at NAB this year.

Jad Meouchy May 18th, 2009 04:12 PM

I went to this for the first time last year and was absolutely blown away. Everything you can possibly imagine is there, and you never know who you'll meet... I'll be returning for sure!

Bill Strehl May 19th, 2009 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Beller (Post 1144262)
Anybody else heading out to the Cine Gear Expo on the Paramount Studios Backlot?

Cine Gear Expo - Los Angeles - The Film, Video, & Digital Media Expo with Focus.

Kessler Crane will be located in Booth #38 showing off the Pocket Dolly™ & Pocket Jib*™, along with all kinds of other equipment. If you're going to be there, stop by and check things out, and say hi to Eric & I.

That's great you will be there. Steve Weiss at Zacuto said Cine Gear is a great show so I thought I would fly out and check it out.

Bill Strehl
billstrehl@comcast.net

Charles Papert May 19th, 2009 12:31 PM

I've been touting Cinegear here for years and I don't think a lot of people from here go, but perhaps now that there is so much convergence between the indie/prosumer world and high end production it will seem less intimidating perhaps.

Unfortunately, some of the major players have pulled out of Cinegear this year and the show is likely in decline. This happens to many trade shows as they get bigger and the promoters get greedier. I myself have seen the show grow from a non-profit crane and camera expo sponsored by the SOC, complete with free BBQ and beer, to a sprawling commercial event. Not to say it's not worth going, it's just that the heyday is probably over.

I'll be there in any event.

Bill Strehl May 19th, 2009 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Papert (Post 1145456)
Unfortunately, some of the major players have pulled out of Cinegear this year and the show is likely in decline.

Just out of curiosity, what companies used to exhibit that won't be there this year?

P.S. Enjoyed your Steadicam reel!

Bill Strehl May 26th, 2009 09:27 PM

register by May 28 before 10 am PST to avoid $20 fee

If you haven't registered for the show and want to go you need to register by 10am PST on May 28 in order to not pay a $20 cash admission fee.

Here is the link:
https://www.speedbadge.com/sreg2.php?s=cinegear

Dan Keaton May 27th, 2009 05:26 PM

If the above link, to register for Cine Gear Expo does not work, try this one, then click on "Register Now":

Thomas McKay May 29th, 2009 08:57 PM

CineGear Growth

Hi Charles,

VariZoom has attended a few CineGear expos in the past and I like the small laid back event and it seemed more filmmaker event. I was surprised to find how much it had grown, since I last looked, and how many video accessory manufacturers like myself had signed up for this year.

It may be second best to NAB?

I miss DV expo at Long Beach too this year it will be in Pasadena.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Papert (Post 1145456)
I've been touting Cinegear here for years and I don't think a lot of people from here go, but perhaps now that there is so much convergence between the indie/prosumer world and high end production it will seem less intimidating perhaps.

Unfortunately, some of the major players have pulled out of Cinegear this year and the show is likely in decline. This happens to many trade shows as they get bigger and the promoters get greedier. I myself have seen the show grow from a non-profit crane and camera expo sponsored by the SOC, complete with free BBQ and beer, to a sprawling commercial event. Not to say it's not worth going, it's just that the heyday is probably over.

I'll be there in any event.

Bill Strehl May 30th, 2009 06:32 AM

videos of Cine Gear 2008 on Vimeo

I just found these videos of last years show:

CINE GEAR Expo 2008 part 1 of 2 on Vimeo
and
CINE GEAR EXPO 2008 Part 2 of 2. on Vimeo

Dan Keaton May 30th, 2009 01:24 PM

The weather is looking great for Cine Gear Expo.

The high is predicted to be 74 degrees F. Friday, 76 on Saturday.

Charles Papert May 30th, 2009 05:19 PM

Sounds good--it was brutally hot at last years show, everyone was wilting.

Jim Martin June 1st, 2009 04:32 PM

Yes, I look forward to seeing everyone there. Yes, as Charles said, it will be nice weather.

Jim Martin

Chris Beller June 4th, 2009 07:46 AM

Getting ready to head to the airport now. Looking forward to the nice California weather. See everyone out there.