DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Digital Video Industry News (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/)
-   -   Excellent BMC - Canon Mk III comparison (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/510940-excellent-bmc-canon-mk-iii-comparison.html)

Tony Davies-Patrick October 7th, 2012 05:37 AM

Re: Excellent BMC - Canon Mk III comparison

Brian, I think at that price point, the weather-sealed GH3 with its far better form-factor, handling, system add-ons, quality stills image files, AVCHD capture up to 1080/50p and a QuickTime mode that records at 1080/24p, 1080/25p or 720/50p using a high 72Mbit/s bit rate, would I think be a better option for the top-grade 4/3 lenses.

Simon Wood October 7th, 2012 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul A. Folger (Post 1757138)
I think Thomas did great job but after reading this thread he may never may never want to make another comparison video again. That was a lot of work.

The ability to accept criticism is the mark of a professional (and mature) individual. If people decided never to make a 2nd movie because of criticism over the 1st, then I doubt there would be any film or t.v industry (because even the most successful movies of all time have more than their fair share of critics).

At any rate I believe the majority of the posts in this thread were generally positive with regards to the footage of the BMC, while a minority of posts questioned the quality of the footage of the 5DMk3. That seems like legitimate discussion to me.

Sabyasachi Patra October 9th, 2012 06:56 AM

Nice BMC commercial.

I hope many people buy the BMC and (hopefully BMC is able to manage its manufacturing processes as it is not easy for a first time electronics manufacturer), pushing Canon to offer even better products at lower price.

Mark Kenfield October 9th, 2012 09:53 PM

Wow, just watched the full downloaded version on my 50" Plasma up-close. What a fantastic comparison video! Just about the best one I've ever seen I think.

It slows-down and pauses when it needs to, and points out all the important differences you'd want to stop and focus on.

Personally, I think it highlights the differences in approach to video in these two cameras perfectly. They're exactly the sort of differences I was expecting to see - but actually seeing them side-by-side really does make the difference much more apparent.

Bravo OneRiver, and thank you.

Peer Landa October 9th, 2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kenfield (Post 1757757)
What a fantastic comparison video! Just about the best one I've ever seen I think.

Obviously, since Blackmagic is Australian should disqualify any Aussie to broadcast their opinion on this matter.

Relax -- I'm just kiddin'. Hey, also I am very impressed with how professional this comparison test was conducted, and also how conclusive its results were -- favoring the BMC.

-- peer