DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Digital Video Industry News (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/)
-   -   Digital Juice Countdown (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/522246-digital-juice-countdown.html)

Rich Adrion March 15th, 2014 01:24 AM

Digital Juice Countdown

I wounder what the big news will be?
Everything Changes. :: Digital Juice

Zach Love March 15th, 2014 08:26 AM

Re: Digital Juice Countdown

They're bringing analog back

Rich Adrion March 17th, 2014 01:10 PM

They went Adobe on us, not sure if this is a good change?
https://www.digitaljuice.com/EverythingChanges/Video

David Dixon March 17th, 2014 02:08 PM

Interesting. Not only is there a $10 per month subscription fee, plus $1 per element downloaded, there seems to be a front end charge of $250 to join. But, you get $250 worth of purchases free. You get the convenience of online access to anything previously bought, but they say as the week goes along they will clarify things like whether your downloaded stuff still works if you unsubscribe. And there is a much improved new version of their software.

I may have some of this wrong, but the required purchase of $250 just to join has given me pause.

Rob Taylor March 17th, 2014 08:04 PM

Seems like more and more companies are moving to the subscription model. While I have purchased DJ stuff in the past when I've need it, I will not be paying for a monthly subscription. There are other companies offering products similar to DJ where I can purchase it when I need it.

Rob

Rich Adrion March 17th, 2014 08:15 PM

Are there other sites that sell easy to implement CG stuff? I find that the DJ stuff that I purchase is time saving for me, the Drag and Drop collection is just easy, drag the effect to the timeline and turn on blend mode or overlay. If I need something really fancy I will visit Videohive but lots of that content needs heavy rendering and the content licensing on it is VERY restrictive. I don't know if these other sites have such restrictions.

Kyle Root March 17th, 2014 08:35 PM

You're actually getting $500 worth of stuff for your $250 up front cost.

The $250 coupon good right now on any content currently available, and then your first 250 downloads are "free" on top of that. That's how I took it.

I've never used their stuff, but the demo sure looked enticing to me.

Zach Love March 18th, 2014 08:15 PM

Ok, I only watched the first 2min 23seconds & realized that I couldn't stand another 14min of that "woosh" sound effect.

So, did I miss anything in the following 14min?

---

PS is it just me, or did it really feel like it was missing music. Maybe the woosh wouldn't of been so bad if there was music.

Andrew Smith March 18th, 2014 09:34 PM

Seriously. They could have just written an article with that 18 mins of mega-voiced video.

Andrew

Paul Cascio March 19th, 2014 08:10 PM

Everything changes. The first thing to change is that I will no longer be a Digital Juice customer.

Gabe Strong March 19th, 2014 08:43 PM

Paul,

Me too. Adobe lost me with CC, DJ just followed suit.

Rob Taylor March 21st, 2014 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Adrion (Post 1837295)
Are there other sites that sell easy to implement CG stuff? I find that the DJ stuff that I purchase is time saving for me, the Drag and Drop collection is just easy, drag the effect to the timeline and turn on blend mode or overlay. If I need something really fancy I will visit Videohive but lots of that content needs heavy rendering and the content licensing on it is VERY restrictive. I don't know if these other sites have such restrictions.

Rich, yes there are other sites that have easy to implement CG stuff. Take a look at:

Rampant Design Tools - Drag and Drop Visual Effects for Video | Home of Drag, Drop and Go Elements for Your Video

Studio 1 Productions - Video Audio Equipment, Music, SFX, Animations

Video Backgrounds and Video Effects by Digital Hotcakes

These are just a couple of site that I use for video backgrounds and Drag and Drop content.

Rob

Rich Adrion March 21st, 2014 11:52 PM

Thanks I will take a look

James Manford March 22nd, 2014 12:11 AM

I've spent some of my hard earned cash on Digital Juice. But in all fairness, I preferred Rampant Design Tools ... they had awesome offers during Xmas last year which I took full advantage of.

Now I just use VideoHive as and when needed. Much cheaper and better.

Rich Adrion March 22nd, 2014 12:59 AM

But have you read the legal agreements that Videohive attaches to much of its content, I find it very restrictive