DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Digital Video Industry News (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/)
-   -   C300 MK II in-depth seminar at EVS Sat. Sept. 26 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/529756-c300-mk-ii-depth-seminar-evs-sat-sept-26-a.html)

Jim Martin September 15th, 2015 03:01 PM

C300 MK II in-depth seminar at EVS Sat. Sept. 26

Hey everyone-
If you are in LA, we are having a detailed seminar on the C300 MK II from 10am to 1pm on Saturday the 26th here on Stage 1 at EVS. We'll have footage from Canon (both the short "Trickshot" and new stuff), discuss shooting with the new camera, go through the menu from top to bottom, and finish with a BBQ lunch. Here is the link to sign up (it's free):
Canon C300 Mark II In Depth Seminar & BBQ Event
We'll also have the entire Cinema EOS lineup for you to "touch & try"...so, sign up and come by!

Jim Martin
EVSonline.com

Jim Martin September 17th, 2015 02:51 PM

Re: C300 MK II in-depth seminar at EVS Sat. Sept. 26

If you can go, please be sure to sign up...so we can get a good count on how much food to get for the BBQ!

Jim Martin
EVSonline.com

ps...were gonna' have a raffle too!

Jim Martin September 28th, 2015 11:04 AM

Great Seminar and a great turnout!.....thanks for all who came. Also, since we had a production run camera available, we were able to to the ISO test I've been waiting to do......6400 ISO(MK II) is the new 3200 ISO(C100/300/500)!...yea!....and that means, especially for the narrative & reality crowd, you can use less lighting when you need to. Also, we had great examples on DR......needless to say, more orders were placed after the seminar finished.

Jim Martin
EVSonline.com

Gary Huff September 28th, 2015 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Martin (Post 1899339)
we were able to to the ISO test I've been waiting to do......6400 ISO(MK II) is the new 3200 ISO(C100/300/500)!...yea!....

Glad to know that holds over to the C300 Mark II. It's also my experience with the C100 Mark II as well.

Barry Goyette September 28th, 2015 02:25 PM

Overall the image coming off the camera was much improved from what was shown at NAB. The new EVF is a huge improvement over the original, and the LCD has much better color as well. Seeing Trick Shot on the Canon 24" 4k monitor revealed surprisingly organic skintones, and remarkable shadow detail.

Funny, with all the talk about the new CLog2, what impresses me most about the camera is it's out of the box Rec.709 setting. The color is great, and the shadows are more open and super clean, and the highlights roll off nicely. It will be interesting to see if you can go WYSIWYG in 709 like Arri does it...but it's looking like that to me.

Here's an ungraded sample of it that popped up over the weekend with a 4k download..