DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Digital Video Industry News (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/)
-   -   Good site for up to date NAB news? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/65455-good-site-up-date-nab-news.html)

Graham Jones April 19th, 2006 11:39 AM

Good site for up to date NAB news?

Anyone know a good site I can bookmark which will convey the latest revelations from NAB shortly after they become public?

Chris Hurd April 19th, 2006 11:44 AM

Umm, *this* one and my buddy Mike Curtis will be updating his blog over at HD For Indies (www.hdforindies.com) -- but the DV Info Net gang will be there in force. Greg Boston is looking into providing some daily video clips, hosted here. Of course this will be your primary NAB News forum, so you're definitely in the right place.

Graham Jones April 19th, 2006 12:25 PM

Thank you Chris.

Steven Davis April 20th, 2006 07:28 AM

Hey Chris,

Are you going to do a NAB sticky? I think it would be helpful to have a single thread for the bulk of the news. Sigh, I wish I could go.

Chris Hurd April 20th, 2006 07:34 AM

Agreed. Several DV Info people are going so we should have a big 'ol sticky thread at the top of this forum. Great idea. Don't worry too much about not going, I forget who said it but someone pointed out that you can be "virtually there" these days thanks to the net. As for myself, I go to NAB only for the networking and the evening functions... I could care less about the trade show floor. Well, there is the RED booth, I want to see that, but for me it's mostly a people thing.

Dave Largent April 20th, 2006 12:41 PM

All the new products are there on the first day,
correct? Meaning they don't release
products throughout the week.

Chris Hurd April 20th, 2006 01:04 PM

Well, it's impossible to get to everything in one day. I'm there for all four but I know I'll miss a lot of stuff just like I did last year. NAB fills up the convention center completely and the place is freakin' Huge. I'm going on one floor per day, South Hall Upper on Monday (hello RED!), Central Hall on Tuesday, South Lower on Wednesday, North Hall and anything else I've missed on Thursday. But there will be a bunch of us there from DV Info Net and hopefully we'll get most of the new stuff out on Monday.

Zack Birlew April 20th, 2006 01:52 PM

I'll be sure to take lots of pictures and film stuff with my GL1. Chris, would it be possible for me to just make a copy of stuff that I film and give it to you at NAB? Like, I'd film stuff on Monday and then hand you a tape on Tuesday? If you'll remember, I had a lot of difficulty last year with trying to upload stuff myself =P stupid school connection. I can do the pictures on my own though.

Does that sound okay or just scrap it and video stuff for myself?

Chris Hurd April 20th, 2006 02:04 PM

Hi Jack, we'll have to meet up on Monday morning. Greg is shooting video and uploading it to DV Info Net, I don't see why we can't put yours up there as well. It's just a question of how much Greg can capture with his laptop... I think.

Greg Boston April 20th, 2006 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hurd
Hi Jack, we'll have to meet up on Monday morning. Greg is shooting video and uploading it to DV Info Net, I don't see why we can't put yours up there as well. It's just a question of how much Greg can capture with his laptop... I think.

I'll be able to capture quite a bit. Once uploaded to DVINFO, I can clear it from my hard disk or do an offload to a fw external drive for safety backup purposes.

-gb-

Steven Davis April 20th, 2006 02:49 PM

Hehe,, I emailed a dude at NAB and asked him if he was going to have live video feed on each table. That shouldn't take too much bandwidth. :}

Zack Birlew April 20th, 2006 09:18 PM

Ok, Chris, I'll be there all day on Monday, so I suppose I'll see you (and everybody else) at the RED booth so we can talk about it. Cool?