DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Distribution Center (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/distribution-center/)
-   -   Help with this problem (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/distribution-center/137342-help-problem.html)

Jim Exton November 6th, 2008 10:15 PM

Help with this problem

This is kind of hard to explain, I burned a dvd. It was a single short film with about 10 different sections (chapters).

When it gets to the end of one chapter, it stutters, the dvd player makes a noise like it is searching, then the next chapter starts.

It does this in between all chapters.

What is causing this?

I used Canopus ProCoder. My master was TIFF files. The end result was mpeg-2 at 6000 bits, mastering quality.

I used Adobe Encore to import the mpeg files and burn the dvd.

Tripp Woelfel November 6th, 2008 10:51 PM

Are your "chapters" different files in different timelines? If so, you're not actually creating chapters, you're creating "titles". That can cause issues with some players. What you're probably hearing is the player seeking to the beginning of the next file.

Can you output the full video in a single file and create the chapters in Encore? That might solve the problem.

Another thought. If each chapter is a different file, make sure that they're on a single timeline. Encore may transcode the timeline as a single file.

Ervin Farkas November 7th, 2008 08:19 AM

How did you link the end of a timeline to the beginning of the next one? I found that the best way is to make a playlist.

Wes Coughlin November 7th, 2008 12:02 PM

When you say "titles" do you mean chapters? And when you say "playlist" do you mean a DVD menu with a list of available chapters? If you have one full video and chapters added to that video (via the chapter button in the encore timeline), then when you finish playing one chapter the next chapter automatically starts playing. Just like a normal movie DVD that you would rent.

Is that what you where asking?

Jim Exton November 7th, 2008 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tripp Woelfel (Post 960534)
Are your "chapters" different files in different timelines? If so, you're not actually creating chapters, you're creating "titles". That can cause issues with some players. What you're probably hearing is the player seeking to the beginning of the next file.

Can you output the full video in a single file and create the chapters in Encore? That might solve the problem.

Another thought. If each chapter is a different file, make sure that they're on a single timeline. Encore may transcode the timeline as a single file.

This is what I did. I have ten different files and put them in ten different timelines.

Encore wouldn't seem to let me put them all in one timeline. Is there a trick to it?

Jim Exton November 7th, 2008 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes Coughlin (Post 960748)
When you say "titles" do you mean chapters? And when you say "playlist" do you mean a DVD menu with a list of available chapters? If you have one full video and chapters added to that video (via the chapter button in the encore timeline), then when you finish playing one chapter the next chapter automatically starts playing. Just like a normal movie DVD that you would rent.

Is that what you where asking?

No, I actually have a short film divided into ten mpeg files that I put on ten different timelines because Encore wouldn't let me put them all on one.

I guess I did this all wrong?

Jim Exton November 7th, 2008 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ervin Farkas (Post 960660)
How did you link the end of a timeline to the beginning of the next one? I found that the best way is to make a playlist.

I selected in the properties tab the end option and picked the next chapter as what would play next.

Wes Coughlin November 7th, 2008 04:27 PM

I would just re-export your video without the section breaks. Add the chapters to the full video in the encore timeline. Setup your chapter menu. And bam, you got it.

Jim Exton November 7th, 2008 09:11 PM

Thanks everyone for your help, it is much appreciated.

I am sure Canopus will allow me to import 10 sources and stitch them together into a single mpeg file.