DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Dolly / Track / Cable (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dolly-track-cable/)
-   -   Glidetrack (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dolly-track-cable/143486-glidetrack.html)

Alastair Brown December 24th, 2008 03:38 PM

Hi Mike,

Sorry...I missed your question.

A search for tripod head on Ebay brings up quite a few options.

I think the Velbon is about the cheapest you will get with a fluid head.

All the best

Alastair

Buck Forester January 5th, 2009 11:56 PM

This device looks pretty cool... I'm with another poster who mentioned finding any specs on your website is not easy. You know how us web surfers are, we just want to find info fast and intuitively! :) Just a friendly suggestion to help us info seekers and purchasers... next to each product listing I'd list it very clearly the length (metric and english versions), the weight load of each one, and the total weight of the unit itself.

How much do these things weigh, each size separately? I'd be hiking with mine... I have Microdolly track and dolly which is pretty lightweight for a track/dolly system, but for extended backpacking trips this might suffice for some basic camera movement. The product looks good and the price is right, I just need some specs. Gracias!

Alastair Brown January 6th, 2009 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck Forester (Post 989670)
This device looks pretty cool... I'm with another poster who mentioned finding any specs on your website is not easy. You know how us web surfers are, we just want to find info fast and intuitively! :) Just a friendly suggestion to help us info seekers and purchasers... next to each product listing I'd list it very clearly the length (metric and english versions), the weight load of each one, and the total weight of the unit itself.

How much do these things weigh, each size separately? I'd be hiking with mine... I have Microdolly track and dolly which is pretty lightweight for a track/dolly system, but for extended backpacking trips this might suffice for some basic camera movement. The product looks good and the price is right, I just need some specs. Gracias!

You are both right, and I welcome the pointers. Will make a point of adding that today.

Ken Diewert January 6th, 2009 01:15 AM

Alastair,

Great looking product - and that porsche vid is a killer sales tool. I'm not sure how much weight your loaded up A1 is, but I've got an XLH1 (around 10 pounds) how well could I expect the Glidetrack to handle it.

Thanks.

Alastair Brown January 6th, 2009 01:54 AM

Hi Ken,

I would say go with the HD version for the H1.

Ken Diewert January 6th, 2009 02:10 AM

Yes, I just wanted to be sure that the HD could handle the weight. I believe the XH-A1 are quite a bit lighter than the XL's

Alastair Brown January 6th, 2009 03:34 AM

It's not a very scientific test however, the HD version if spanned across two seats, will take my full weight 79kg (175lbs) if I stand on the carriage.

Stephen J. Williams January 6th, 2009 11:17 AM

Ok I want one... I would like to buy the SD. Would it work well with a DVX100 and staticDOF adapter (total weight 10lbs). I would be afraid that the beam might bend a little from the weight all to one side. I know that there is the HD version. but if the SD will work, I rather go with that.

Stephen J. Williams January 6th, 2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen J. Williams (Post 989864)
Ok I want one... I would like to buy the SD. Would it work well with a DVX100 and staticDOF adapter (total weight 10lbs). I would be afraid that the beam might bend a little from the weight all to one side. I know that there is the HD version. but if the SD will work, I rather go with that.

Never mind I watched the video on the site... very informative.

Luke Oliver January 6th, 2009 12:44 PM

re

how fast can u go on this filming 25p without motion jitter?? anyone know

Alastair Brown January 6th, 2009 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke Oliver (Post 989914)

I am not sure that is something that anyone could put a figure to, seeing as it pushed by hand.

That said, maybe someone with a good head for numbers could do the maths?

Stephen J. Williams January 6th, 2009 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke Oliver (Post 989914)

I was under the impression that a good speed for 24/25P was to have a single object move across the screen in 7 seconds. I dont remember where i read that... Maybe the DVXbook

Jose Ortiz January 9th, 2009 04:06 PM

I have to mention that I received my HD Glidetrack this morning. I
have to admit that I was not expecting receiving the order so fast. From UK to Tampa Florida took just two days after placing online the order!

Alastair Thanks for the service!!

Danny O'Neill January 10th, 2009 04:07 AM

Yup, i got mine within a couple of days over christmas too. Been playing with it this week and trying different angles and shots.

Steve Shovlar January 11th, 2009 06:00 PM

Hi Alistair just had a good look at your product and very impressed.

Only downside is that I use a Satchler Video 20 II with a 100mm bowl. I think I would have to buy a new tripod especially for the Glidetrack as the Satchler would be unsuitable.