DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Dolly / Track / Cable (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dolly-track-cable/)
-   -   konova slider (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dolly-track-cable/495508-konova-slider.html)

Steve Bleasdale May 6th, 2011 05:09 AM

konova slider

Hey guys just to post that i have bought the konova slider and a 128rc manfrotto head, flaming heck its as smooth as butter, brilliant just to share if anyone needs one. steve

Charles Newcomb May 6th, 2011 11:33 AM

Re: konova slider

I own the 4' version of this one Reasonable Priced Sliders . Westside A V Studios which is made by a DVInfo member/sponsor. I've been very pleased with it.

Ollie Walton May 9th, 2011 06:59 AM

Hey Steve,

i have heard good reviews about this,

Did you get stung with shipping charges at all? import Tax/duty?

many of my friends got stung bad with it.

Thanks

Steve Bleasdale May 9th, 2011 07:01 AM

No none at all, paid for the postage came 5 days only later, all good really smooth.

Stelios Christofides June 4th, 2011 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Bleasdale (Post 1646236)
Hey guys just to post that i have bought the konova slider and a 128rc manfrotto head, flaming heck its as smooth as butter, brilliant just to share if anyone needs one. steve

Steve, Can you use this Konova slider with the Sony Z5 camcorder?

stelios

Steve Bleasdale June 9th, 2011 12:51 PM

Hi. Yes I think you could! Beware though the bearings have a little noise! Only slight and you can't hear over talking or music, but a quiet clip you could hear.

Bill Grant June 11th, 2011 10:11 AM

I just got this one as well. used it twice, but fantastic so far. NO shipping on mine. $329 to the US in 7 days. amazing.
Bill

Stelios Christofides June 13th, 2011 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Bleasdale (Post 1656984)
Hi. Yes I think you could! Beware though the bearings have a little noise! Only slight and you can't hear over talking or music, but a quiet clip you could hear.

Thanks Steve, a bit concern now about the noise.

Steve Bleasdale June 14th, 2011 06:03 AM

Its nothing major, but I presume a clip with no talking and no music would be a very very slight problem with the bearing roll, as I say I only slide with the music or talking over so its not a problem.

Greg Fiske June 14th, 2011 09:06 AM

+1 on the Konova slider. Haven't noticed the noise when using mine.

Nigel Barker June 16th, 2011 03:07 AM

I just ordered one of these so if it isn't as good as you guys claim I will be blaming you:-) I was considering another Gliderack Hybrid but the Konova is half the price so worth a punt.

Steve Bleasdale June 16th, 2011 04:15 AM

Well worth it Nigel, I use it all the time now even in church during ceremony its that light to move around, you will need a tripod head with a 3/8 female thread to go the plate.

Stelios Christofides June 16th, 2011 11:05 AM

Steve what length did you get?

stelios

Steve Bleasdale June 17th, 2011 04:40 PM

The standard one just short of the metre one!! Its great! Don't pay extra for the metre one unless you really need it? Cheers Stelios... Steve

Steve Bleasdale June 18th, 2011 03:58 AM

Just under a metre Stelios... Dont need the metre one the standard good enough... steve