DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   DVC14 Theme - GO! GO! GO! GO! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/136916-dvc14-theme-go-go-go-go.html)

Lorinda Norton October 30th, 2008 10:23 AM

DVC14 Theme - GO! GO! GO! GO!

All right, folks, here we go! When DVC14 is over one of you is going to be shopping at the DVeStore thanks to Guy Cochran and his $300 prize offer!

The theme is…

TRAVEL

Genre, as usual, is wide open. But….there are some big changes this time around!

Time has been extended from the usual 3 minutes to FIVE MINUTES.

In addition, you have a FULL TWO WEEKS to get your film completed, meaning the deadline is now midnight PST on Sunday, November 16.

As stated earlier you may upload your film to Vimeo if you can’t make yourself use YouTube. You may provide up to three links, according to the rules.

Speaking of rules, because so many of them have changed for this round, even though I encourage you to look over The DV Challenge: * Official Rules if you haven’t, here are some important reminders:

GUIDELINES
The maximum duration of your film is five minutes, plus an additional 20 seconds for credits. You ARE allowed to use part of the additional 20 seconds for your film if you need it. There is no penalty for films shorter than 5 minutes, so you can enter with a 40 second film if you like.

Your film must open with a title reading "thedvchallenge.com presents" Please note the URL is "thedvchallenge.com" and not "dvchallenge.com" You may use any font, in order to make it congruent with the look and feel of your film.

All good stories need a good title! Your film must have a title which must show at the beginning of your film following "thedvchallenge.com presents"! Whenever you email us, please include the title. It makes life so much easier.
Please, do not make the title the same or similar to the theme. If the theme is “cats”, don’t call your movie “Cats”, “The Cats”, or “A Cat”.
Very descriptive titles are good as it helps your film stick out in the judges minds when trying to remember which film is which. Films titled “untitled” will be frowned upon.

CONTENT
YOUR FILM MUST BE ALL YOUR OWN MATERIAL, or you must have legal right to use it, such as copyright free music or properly licensed music. You must credit any other artists in your credit roll.

YOUR FILM MUST BE NEW AS OF THE START DATE. You cannot use video shot before the start date of the challenge. You may not submit a film that you shot previously. Some exceptions may be made for royalty free stock footage on a case by case basis. Royalty free music is excluded from this rule.

Photo montages and animation (including stop-motion) are not acceptable as submissions. Films may include photo montages and animation in limited quantity if it is critical to the story.

Visual effects of all types are allowed.

You retain 100% ownership of your film, and are 100% responsible for its content.
……………………

That’s it, now get out there and make some great films! :)

Ken Bates October 30th, 2008 10:26 AM

Woot ! !

First !
Wouldn't you know it...I get up for a cup of coffee and it's already been THREE minutes !!

Thanks Lorinda and Dylan. ! ! !

Michael Kraus October 30th, 2008 10:58 AM

i'm pumped!

...man i am really going to have to MAKE some time in order to do this...

Chris Christensen October 30th, 2008 12:15 PM

yay!!! time to start writing!

Dennis Khaye October 30th, 2008 12:36 PM

Agreed, thanks to Lorinda and Dylan for putting this on.

Here we goooooooooo.

Josh Chesarek October 30th, 2008 01:17 PM

Oh yeah! Lets rock :)

Lorinda Norton October 30th, 2008 01:28 PM

Ha ha! You guys are great! Makes the Challenge so much more fun. :)

Dylan will always be the heart, soul and mind of this deal. I’m just happy to help out a bit--even when he surprises me for duty first thing in the morning…

Now, gotta think about what to do!

Andris Krastins October 30th, 2008 02:19 PM

Darn, not the easiest theme, when most of my country, including me, is neck deep in economic crisis, but I'll try to come up with something creative for this.
One zero-budget short coming up! :D

Oh, and my thanks to the organizers for the opportunity to participate in this!

Marc Burleigh October 31st, 2008 08:17 AM

Excellent, excellent theme... especially as all I'm doing right now is travelling and shooting video. This falls pitch perfect! Exotic stuff upcoming, guys.....

Aaron Fay October 31st, 2008 10:29 PM

I guess it's not called 'DV Walk-in-the-park' is it? :)

Dennis Khaye November 1st, 2008 08:12 PM

$10 sez I'll be missing some actors and/or crew due to the time change.

Of course I'm using reverse psychology on the hand of fate hoping I've just un-jinxed myself. :D

Lorinda Norton November 1st, 2008 08:15 PM

Yeah, but won't they be early? Donuts to the rescue?!?

Dennis Khaye November 2nd, 2008 12:03 AM

Not if they leave after waiting for thirty minutes. Yes, I told them there would be donuts, and the promise of more donuts if I they actually take direction. LOL

Roger Wilson November 2nd, 2008 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton (Post 957694)
Your film must open with a title reading "thedvchallenge.com presents" Please note the URL is "thedvchallenge.com" and not "dvchallenge.com" You may use any font, in order to make it congruent with the look and feel of your film.

I checked out thedvchallenge.com website, but it doesn't look like it's been updated since 12/9/2006, almost 2 years ago. The most recent news story is about DVC #7.

Am I stuck in some type of post-Halloween Time Warp?

Thanks,
Roger

Dylan Couper November 2nd, 2008 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger Wilson (Post 958725)
I checked out thedvchallenge.com website, but it doesn't look like it's been updated since 12/9/2006, almost 2 years ago. The most recent news story is about DVC #7.

Am I stuck in some type of post-Halloween Time Warp?

Thanks,
Roger

That should have rerouted you to: The DV Challenge
...which should be updated too... ooops.