DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   DVC16 Sign Up Thread! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/145660-dvc16-sign-up-thread.html)

Learvis Templeton Jr. March 17th, 2009 09:39 AM

I'm not new here I just don't post much! However I will give this challenge a try I been using my 5D for about three weeks now so I might as well try!

Remy Merriex March 18th, 2009 01:00 AM

Let's do this.

I'm swinging for the fences.

Ken Bates March 18th, 2009 09:59 PM

I'll give it a "go"

Vegard Paulsen March 19th, 2009 12:46 AM

sign me up !

Jennie Stenhouse March 19th, 2009 05:27 AM

Howdie All

So i usually hang out over in the UWOL thread but I was looking here :) The prize is just awesome! I was trying to find out just what the definition of a DV challange is. I have had a bit of a trawl through the forums for rules requirements etc but came up empty. I am blonde so may have missed the obviouse can soem one point me in the right direction ?

cheers

Jennie

Bob Thieda March 19th, 2009 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennie Stenhouse (Post 1030122)
Howdie All

So i usually hang out over in the UWOL thread but I was looking here :) The prize is just awesome! I was trying to find out just what the definition of a DV challange is. I have had a bit of a trawl through the forums for rules requirements etc but came up empty. I am blonde so may have missed the obviouse can soem one point me in the right direction ?

cheers

Jennie

Howdy Jennie...

Take a look here:

The DV Challenge

Note that some of the rules are changed for this challenge.
The changes are listed in the first post.

Later,

Jennie Stenhouse March 19th, 2009 08:03 AM

hmm now that i am informed i may as well give it a go!

William James Ryan March 20th, 2009 07:55 AM

Yeah, I wanna play

Paul Firth March 21st, 2009 04:16 PM

Count me in!

Dylan Couper March 21st, 2009 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennie Stenhouse (Post 1030122)
Howdie All

cheers

Jennie

The challenge is simly to do it. :)

When we first started back in... umm... Lorinda, when was the first DVC? '05? ... anyway, the challenge was initally to make a 3 minute short film in 7 days without knowing the theme until the start of day 1. Since then, people have nagged me into giving them 10 days and 5 minutes. We are experimenting with a month this time after doing multiple weeks for the charity challenge.

So... sign up and do it. :)

Lorinda Norton March 21st, 2009 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Couper (Post 1031444)
...the challenge was initally to make a 3 minute short film in 7 days without knowing the theme until the start of day 1. Since then, people have nagged me into giving them 10 days and 5 minutes.

That's cuz you're a softie... :)

I looked it up, D...you announced the theme for the first DV Challenge on April 7, 2005. Can you believe we've been doing this for 4 years???

Bruce Broussard March 22nd, 2009 05:43 PM

I'm in.

"I wont fail this time, I wont fail this time, I wont fail this time..."

Stan Harkleroad March 23rd, 2009 07:36 AM

do I have to sign up now or can I decide if I want to when the theme is listed?

Lorinda Norton March 23rd, 2009 08:55 AM

Be brave and sign up now! :)

Dylan used to close sign-ups the day the theme was posted but for quite some time he's left it open. Personally, I think you cheat yourself out of part of the fun if you wait to see the theme.

You should look back and see some of the groans and complaining that went on the time we found out the theme was "The Sun;" yet, some pretty great films came out of it.

To answer your question, it's up to Dylan. ;)

Shaun Roemich March 23rd, 2009 09:33 AM

Ok, I'm jonesing to do something creative without having to get client approval. I'm in!