DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   DVinfo Short Film Competition (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/41389-dvinfo-short-film-competition.html)

Marc Sacco March 21st, 2005 10:52 PM

bring it on! YES!

Dave Perry March 21st, 2005 11:10 PM

yes.

Barry Gribble March 23rd, 2005 01:31 PM

I know you just asked for the "Yes" here, but I wanted to also throw in my $.02 to say that I'd love to see you stretch the format a little bit. I've seen many contests that vary on the basic theme of "you get a line, a character, and a prop.... GO!" It serves three nice purposes: it ensures that everyone is starting from scratch, not doing something they've been scripting for months; It ensures equal footing - no one gets a line that is "harder" than the others; and it gives the contest some modicum of continuity. It also has the downsides: It's been done - a lot; it can get really tiresome watching the 20th film or so.

If you ran it in the format, I would participate and would love it. But if you found some new way to accomplish the same positives while making something new and fresh... I'd love it 10% more :).

I am excited for it no matter what... I think it would be great for the community to all get together on something like this... and I think we would see some really nice results.

Stephen Jackson March 23rd, 2005 10:20 PM

yes

Vince Asbjornsen March 24th, 2005 07:46 AM

Short Film Competition

Yes!

Ronnie Grahn March 24th, 2005 09:41 AM

Yes

Dylan Couper March 25th, 2005 03:23 PM

Should have some news tomorrow.

Bill Hamell March 25th, 2005 04:15 PM

When? Oops I meant YES!!!

Barry Goyette March 25th, 2005 05:02 PM

why not?

Marcin Wilczek March 25th, 2005 08:34 PM

YES YES

YES!!!

Christopher Hughes March 26th, 2005 05:47 PM

Yes! Si! Oui! Ja! Aye!

Dylan Couper March 27th, 2005 01:47 PM

Working out the details behind the scenes, but I did promise some info on the weekend, so here is a teaser.

The time limit for the competition may be 1 week, from the start time on a Friday night, to the time you have to have your film posted on the web, the next Friday night. A longer time is being considered.

Running time of the films is being considered at 2 minutes. This may seem short, but allows people with limited time/resources to compete.

A genre would be announced ahead of time, and would differ from one competition to the next. (horror/comedy/drama, etc).

A theme would be announced at the beginning of the competition, and they will be unique, not sucky like so many of the other competitions I've been in. Most of your score will be on use of the theme, so if you make something ahead of time, you are pretty much guaranteed to lose.
The theme would be moderatly abstract, with lots of room for interpretation. Everyone has the same theme.

You will be responsible for getting your own video up on the web, and your own web space. This is a free competition after all. :)

This is totally in the name of fun, and is a friendly competition for us all to polish our skills. However, there WILL be judges, and winners will be announced. I may even print out some cheesy certificates for the winners on my printer

DVinfo moderators can enter, but aren't eligible for prizes at least until Canon offers us a free XL2. ;)

There will be no:
Special props you have to include.
Lines you have to deliver.
Weird locations you have to shoot at.
Theme songs you have to work in.
Different items/themes for different competitors.
I hate that stuff.

Jesse Bekas March 28th, 2005 12:26 PM

I am so freakin' in. :)

Richard Alvarez March 28th, 2005 12:54 PM

Sort of a side question, maybe you could post some links to good places to host you videos?

I know I've been looking into it, and would like some peoples recommendations.

Alex Jeffery March 31st, 2005 07:28 PM

I'm new here, but I'd love to participate.

A good temporary host is: www.yousendit.com. But, you obviously get what you pay for.