DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   DV challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/472165-dv-challenge.html)

Ben Robbins February 2nd, 2010 10:10 PM

DV challenge

Hey, I was just wondering how often you guys run the DV challenge. I've been excited to take a crack at another theme since the UWOL/DV charity challenge.

Chris Barcellos February 2nd, 2010 10:57 PM

Ben:

We had a DV challenge last year, I think around beginning of May. Its kind of a when the spirit moves thing with Dylan and Lorinda, so start nudging them a bit, and they may get up for it bofore then...

Lorinda Norton February 3rd, 2010 12:00 AM

It's not a matter of getting up for it--we're always up for anything that's fun! It's more about waiting until there are a good number of contenders out there who are itching bad enough to complete a film. Show us 20-30 more guys like Ben and we'll run it! :)

Last year, counting the charity challenge in December we had three--one that started in April and another in September. Let me talk with the Big D and we'll see what's up for '10. Gotta consider Guy Cochran at dvcreators.net as well; he really went all out for the charity challenge and may enjoy having a little breather.

Andris Krastins February 3rd, 2010 02:59 AM

I'm always willing to participate, can't wait for the next! :)

Kris Holodak February 3rd, 2010 06:02 PM

I'd be in if the timing were right. I missed most of last year for working on other kinds of project, but I miss the camaraderie of the DVChallenge.

Graeme Hay February 3rd, 2010 09:00 PM

I'm ready to go!!!

Lorinda Norton February 4th, 2010 01:28 PM

Hey Kris! We've missed you, too!

Haven't talked with Dylan yet but what does early or mid-March look like to everyone schedule-wise?

Chris Barcellos February 4th, 2010 03:04 PM

good to go here in March.

Kris Holodak February 4th, 2010 06:03 PM

Well I'm in town for most of March so that's a good start.

Cole Seidl February 4th, 2010 06:35 PM

I'm definitely available in March. It would be quite fun.

Graeme Hay February 4th, 2010 09:29 PM

March is cool, by then I should more equipment to play with.

Ben Robbins February 5th, 2010 12:10 AM

March sounds good. By then I hope to have a Canon 7d! It would be a great chance to test it out.

Dale Guthormsen February 6th, 2010 09:43 AM

Good Morning,

I believe I might actually have a new aquaintence in our little town that is interested enough to help out if I enter the dv challenge.

That being the case I think I will give the next dv challenge a go!!

Besides Chris is always encouraging us uwolers to join in.

I am getting cabin fever here, to much snow and cold and wind.

Sooner the better!

Dale Guthormsen

Lorinda Norton February 7th, 2010 02:01 AM

That will be great, Dale! We'll all have fun.

With the Olympics ready to roll in Dylan's home town we might not be setting a date for a while yet, but stay tuned...it will happen! :)

Chris Hurd February 8th, 2010 07:49 AM

I've spoken with a couple of DVi sponsors who are anxious to throw in some choice prizes for the next round... so... keep me in the loop!