DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   How's it going? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/496472-hows-going.html)

Gerald OConnor June 5th, 2011 07:13 PM

Re: How's it going?

OK new computer keeps crashing with Adobe Premiere Cs5.5 but was able to work with old one and vegas so uploading to vimeo now Ahhhhh. Its been a callenge and fun thanks.
Vegas has a mind of it's own no time to redo LOL its uploaded, there's always next time.

Thank you for the chance , I havnt received a got it reply yet hopefully due to you letting us fix our render issues thank you

Bill Thesken June 5th, 2011 07:23 PM

Thought about jumping in yesterday evening 6-4-11, ran the story by the family, they thought it was great, but I didn't think I had enough time. This morning I checked the sign up and discover that it's due at 12 midnight PDT which is 9PM our time in Hawaii. So I filmed all day, and now it's 3:30PM HST / 6:30 PDT.

Will try to get it edited and up on time........... in between watching the NBA finals.........

Henry Williams June 5th, 2011 08:04 PM

Uploaded. I'm done :)

Lorinda Norton June 5th, 2011 09:19 PM

Way to go, guys! Thanks to Dick Mays giving me an idea I just shot a little something. Gonna see how it looks and decide if I'll be staying off the wall after all. I haven't missed a challenge yet--kinda hate to see the run broken. :)

Lorinda Norton June 5th, 2011 11:43 PM

Just a reminder to all y'all about submitting:

Send the link to your uploaded video to thedvchallenge@gmail.com. If you haven't received a "Got it!" reply we don't have it!

Subject line: DVC 20 - [Your Name]

Title of Video
Link(s)

A little over an hour to go! Get 'em in, folks!! And let us know if you are having technical problems...we'll work with you. :)

Dick Mays June 6th, 2011 02:38 AM

Two hour render operation ended with Unknown IO error. Then I remembered that I have to render to my C: drive to get it to work. Just about complete on the subsequent three hour render, as my C drive is not Raid 0 and is slower.

Really need a new editing box. Ten year old Pentinum 2 doesn't cut it.

Uploading soon, (hopefully)

Lorinda Norton June 6th, 2011 02:46 AM

That is brutal! And I think my computer gives me fits. Hang in there, Dick. (Please tell me you're kidding about the 10 year-old machine.)

Dick Mays June 6th, 2011 02:48 AM

Technically, I think it is nine years old... Was a fast machine, back in the day.

Lorinda Norton June 6th, 2011 02:53 AM

...before you were asking it to deal with such huge files...and other things.

Well, I'm going to bed. Got a sick dog that is finally sleeping so I'd better catch some while he does. As Dylan always says, as long as we find the videos in the inbox when we wake up, those of you with render/upload problems are safe. That could be noon for me. ;)

Jay Kavi June 6th, 2011 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Mays (Post 1655898)
Two hour render operation ended with Unknown IO error. Then I remembered that I have to render to my C: drive to get it to work. Just about complete on the subsequent three hour render, as my C drive is not Raid 0 and is slower.

Really need a new editing box. Ten year old Pentinum 2 doesn't cut it.

Uploading soon, (hopefully)

Omg Dick! its a miracle you can edit on a Pentium 2!

Dick Mays June 6th, 2011 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Kavi (Post 1656020)
Omg Dick! its a miracle you can edit on a Pentium 2!

Jay, I have a plan to get a new box and CS5.5 to end this nightmare. My workflow is so convoluted, I don't want to even talk about it...

Lorinda Norton June 6th, 2011 01:15 PM

Do you use Premiere now, Dick? I've been thinking about dumping Vegas and trying something new--either Premiere or Edius. Especially after last night...my old Vegas 8 seems to be developing more bugs by the day.

Andris Krastins June 6th, 2011 01:37 PM

Lorinda, I have Vegas 9 pro and it's quite bugless. I like it.

Gerald OConnor June 6th, 2011 01:48 PM

I'm new at editing but I just had a new cyberpower pc from BH with a 30 gig solid state drive for win7, a 2 tb hdd for programs 12 gigs ram and a nivida 470 video card for adobe cs5.5 premiere and it continued to blue screen crash on me, I ran adobe production on a trail ver before installing it. I just returned them both and will just get a Dell that is beefed up or a Mac but I here they don't work well with avchd. Vegas 10d pro worked ok on my old pc and great on the newer one.

Jay Kavi June 6th, 2011 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton (Post 1656048)
Do you use Premier now, Dick? I've been thinking about dumping Vegas and trying something new--either Premier or Edius. Especially after last night...my old Vegas 8 seems to be developing more bugs by the day.

Lorinda, I cut my DVC20 entry on premiere 5 on a Macbook pro. It was my first time using premiere pro since version 2 way back when i had a PC. I used premiere to share project with my PC using brother. I gotta say I'm fan! Check it out if you get a chance.