DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   DVC23 Winner!!! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/519433-dvc23-winner.html)

Lorinda Norton October 10th, 2013 01:45 PM

DVC23 Winner!!!

Thanks, thanks, and more THANKS!!

First of all, thank you to the filmmakers who put in so much effort on 13 truly fine entries! Your time and commitment paid off; you got more experience under your belts while providing all of us with great and entertaining short films.

Secondly, we always love to thank Chris Hurd, Wrangler-in-Chief of DV Info Net, for giving the DVC a home here back when our lovable rogue, Dylan Couper, wanted to start a free, fun, and fabulous take on the online film challenge. And thank you, Dylan!

Then, of course, we want to give a huge "THANK YOU!" to Guy Cochran of www.dvestore.com for putting up such an amazing prize -- a Black Magic Pocket Cinema Camera!!! You help make the contest so much fun, Guy, encouraging returning DVCers and enticing new players who will, hopefully, be hooked on the DVC from now on. You are the best!!

Okay, the time has come to announce our top vote-getters. Because there was a tie for second place, that's as far as we'll go. Drum roll, please.

Runners Up:

Andrew Bove for "Mysterious Bookshop"
Andres Mata for "Road to Success"

The WINNER of DVC 23:

Henry Williams & George Williams for "Chicken"

Congratulations, Henry and George, on your fun, technically superb, and highly entertaining spoof on the mystery of why the chicken crosses the road! We couldn't be happier crowning you the new DVC Champions!! We'll get you in touch with Guy Cochran about your NEW CAMERA. :)

Congratulations to Andrew and Andres for great 2nd place entries, and to everyone who entered. Every entry was winning in its own way. Looking forward to seeing all of you in December for the DVC/UWOL Charity Challenge!

That is, as they say, a wrap!

Randy Smith October 10th, 2013 01:54 PM

Re: DVC23 Winner!!!

Congratulations Henry and George!

Was glad to be a part of DVC 23, and enjoying watching all the other entries and seeing everyone's take on things!

Andres Mata October 10th, 2013 02:01 PM

Ooohh! I was so close!!! It's an honor to be second with the level of the videos that we have seen. Congratulations to the winner for a great fun video, and enjoy your camera!! We'll hopefully see your next challenges here shot with it!
Congratulations also to the other runner up and his twist in the "mysterium" theme.
I will see you all around soon!!

Randy Smith October 10th, 2013 02:04 PM

I just had to post again, since in my first post I forgot to say "Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner"!

Henry Williams October 10th, 2013 02:20 PM

Thank you so much everyone :) Can't believe our little film won when the standard of all the entries was so high. It's been such fun watching and talking about everyones' brilliant films.

Thank you lots and tonnes to Lorinda, Dylan, Chris and Guy for organisational/hosting/prize related amazingness. Will make sure to post footage and be back here for the charity contest in a couple of months :)

Eggscellent!

Henry and George

Derwin Dalida October 10th, 2013 02:30 PM

Awesome job Henry, well done! I will echo Randy and say: winner winner, chicken dinner!

Henry Williams October 10th, 2013 02:36 PM

thanks Andres, Randy and Derwin :) I think this chicken title idea has legs. Or at least drumsticks ;)

George Williams October 10th, 2013 03:06 PM

Well bugger me. Cheers everyone!

Chris Barcellos October 10th, 2013 03:12 PM

Congrats to winners, and all who submitted and participated. Also congrats to Lorinda for another success at DVInfo for a fine contest. And thanks to Guy for his contribution to the cause. See you all for the Holiday contest !

Marc Burleigh October 10th, 2013 04:03 PM

Way to go Henry! And congrats too to Andres and Andrew.

Henry, if Black Magic and chickens are any recipe, I expect to see a voodoo movie from you next time around (or maybe one that requires a fluffer? Or that gives goose bumps?)

Paul Wood October 10th, 2013 05:42 PM

Well done Henry and George!

And of course, to Andrew and Andres for some entertaining time watching all your entries.

A really amazing round of entries this round - thanks to all, for pushing the boundaries of the DVInfo contests
up and up!

Henry Williams October 10th, 2013 05:56 PM

thanks very much Marc, Chris and Paul. Sadly Clucky is already dead and stuffed or we would have gone with voodoo next time round. Maybe Ghost Of Clucky?

Adam Snow October 10th, 2013 05:56 PM

Congrats guys, well deserved!

Tim Lewis October 10th, 2013 05:58 PM

And a posthumous Oscar for Clucky?

Well done Henry and George.

Henry Williams October 10th, 2013 06:10 PM

Thank you so much Adam and Tim :) Clucky has a busy post-life schedule working for Alexis at London Taxidermy. They were lovely and very helpful (if cheerfully bemused by the project!). The "voice" of Clucky, my very acomodating Father, is probably just looking forward to a day of peace where his house isn't filled with cameras and he dosen't have to make chicken noises ;)