DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DV Info Net Announcements (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/)
-   -   default font size in post input box (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/476703-default-font-size-post-input-box.html)

Vito DeFilippo April 12th, 2010 08:22 PM

default font size in post input box

Hi DVINFO,

Don't laugh, but my 6 month old son was sitting on my lap this morning, and he attacked my keyboard. It was awfully cute until I tried a post, and now as I type the post in the input box, the font is incredibly small and I can't figure out how to get it back to normal. Any hints?

For some reason, the font in the "title" box above is fine, but in the "message" box, it's tiny. I've googled, messed around with the font setting in my browser. No joy. Happens in Firefox and in Internet Explorer.

Sigh...hope you're enjoying NAB.

Don Bloom April 12th, 2010 08:39 PM

Vito,
the new site look has very very very text size in the reply box. I just doubled the strength of my reading glasses.

The kid didn't do it. ;-)

Vito DeFilippo April 12th, 2010 09:11 PM

Hey Don,

You mean it's just a coincidence? Well, if it could be put back to the old size, that would be great.

Thanks,
Vito

Andrew Smith April 12th, 2010 09:37 PM

Vito,

Same happening here for me.

BTW, is your kid still alive? :-P

Andrew

Jenn Kramer April 12th, 2010 11:56 PM

Yea, one of those little weirdnesses that slipped through the cracks with the redesign. Should be fixed now.

Andrew Smith April 13th, 2010 12:35 AM

Fix confirmed.

Andrew

Chris Soucy April 13th, 2010 01:39 AM

Hey, you guys should worry.............

I had a sh*t of a day yesterday, an HP update took out my "all in one" on the entire network, then some as***ole managed to sneak a freebie past my firewall which was like fighting fire with a flamethrower and then I got this message from DVinfo to log onto "blah blah server" instead!

Pissed? I was passed that by that stage, ropeable more like it.

E - mailed Chris and the crew and asked if that last came from them, it had, they were playing with servers.

Gotta tell you, it was one cr*p of a day.

Didn't have a chance to post as I was fighting fires all day, if it was as bad as you guys reckon, think I would have needed a magnifying glass to use it, guess I was lucky!

CS

Andrew Smith April 13th, 2010 05:33 AM

Quick update .... the editing of an existing post still has this issue.

Andrew

Vito DeFilippo April 13th, 2010 05:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Smith (Post 1513512)
BTW, is your kid still alive? :-P

Yep. Though while I was taking this picture, he put the computer into hibernation. I don't even know how to do that wth the keyboard....

Thanks for the font fix!

Andy Wilkinson April 13th, 2010 08:47 AM

Yes I can confirm that editing a "just submitted post" still has this font issue. Glad I've got a huge monitor so I can REALLY zoom in and read if what I wrote is jibberish...Just checked again. Still tiny words...still probably jibberish!

Jenn Kramer April 13th, 2010 09:41 AM

Quickedit font size should be fixed.

Piotr Wozniacki April 14th, 2010 02:02 AM

Jeff,

How about the [size] tag? I doesn't work any more, making text intended to be small and unobtrusive SHOUT (like my signature below).

Please fix that, too.

Adam Gold April 18th, 2010 12:46 PM

I'm still getting really minuscule type in the input boxes no matter how I've got it set... have to blow up to ridiculously huge sizes to be able to even read it....

Andy Wilkinson April 19th, 2010 07:25 AM

yep, me too. It used to be fine at whatever size it was until these recent "improvements" (designed or otherwise).

Jenn Kramer April 19th, 2010 11:12 AM

Can you guys post what browsers you're using?

Vito DeFilippo April 19th, 2010 11:47 AM

I'm using Firefox and Internet Explorer on Windows XP professional. I had the small text problem on both, and the issue is fixed on both for me.

Thanks...

Andrew Smith April 19th, 2010 11:50 AM

I'm using Chrome for the DVinfo forums.

Andrew

Adam Gold April 19th, 2010 11:52 AM

IE8 and Firefox, but everything seems fine now....

Piotr Wozniacki April 19th, 2010 11:58 AM

Jenn,

IE 8 here. Posting window is fine now, but the [size] tag still not working (like for my signature).

Piotr

Bill Busby April 20th, 2010 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenn Kramer (Post 1516447)
Can you guys post what browsers you're using?

Firefox here. It's at least a size that's readable now, but still doesn't seem to be what it was originally.

Adam Gold April 20th, 2010 03:59 PM

On further inspection, I think Bill is right. The font is bigger but still not the same size as the type surrounding the input box.

Chris Soucy April 22nd, 2010 08:56 PM

I just noticed the Google Search box and any text contained therein seems to have "shrunk in the wash" overnight.

Fancy adding a bit of fabric softener to take the strain off my reading glasses?

CS

Chris Soucy April 24th, 2010 12:58 AM

Oh, and while you're down there...............

My post box has now started to declare that I have selected to quote a post from a different thread every time I post, even tho' I haven't selcted anything to quote.

Should be easy enough.

Can I mention Regional Flags, or would that be "A Bridge Too Far"?

CS