DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DV Info Net Announcements (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/)
-   -   No email notifications (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/504494-no-email-notifications.html)

Ervin Farkas January 17th, 2012 10:10 PM

No email notifications

I am not getting ANY email notifications from threads with new posts since late December.

Anyone else having issues?

Thank you,

Jeff Troiano January 18th, 2012 08:18 AM

Re: No email notifications

I've been having this same issue. Every time I notice a new post, from a thread I subscribe too, I check my spam folder, just to see if there is something there. But I haven't found anything. So yes, I haven't received any notifications either.

Jeff

Ervin Farkas January 18th, 2012 04:44 PM

Mea culpa! Or is it GMail's? Jeff, thanks for reminding me to look in my spam folder!

Up until mid December GMail delivered all messages into my inbox; then all of a sudden Google decided that Chris is a spammer.

I created a rule (not to send these messages to spam) and I'm also adding the email address to my address book to make sure it does not happen again.

Problem solved - I hope - at least for me.

Dan Asseff January 20th, 2012 08:02 AM

Me ether. No were to be found.

Dan

Greg Clark January 20th, 2012 10:21 AM

I was wondering where they went? Any answer?

Greg Clark February 3rd, 2012 12:03 PM

Is there no solution to this problem??

Chris Hurd February 3rd, 2012 04:18 PM

Apparently one or two malicious souls out there have ruined it for everybody by reporting
our notifications as "spam" and Google tends to shoot first and ask questions later. We're
looking into this and hope to have a solution soon. Meanwhile, it might help if you can
locate our notifications in your Gmail spam folder and click the "not spam" button. If
that's done enough times by enough people, it might reverse the tide -- many thanks
to DVi member James D. who sent me that suggestion by private email.

Adam Gold February 3rd, 2012 06:59 PM

Just as a data point, I don't use Gmail; I use Outlook and nothing's coming through at all, not even into my Spam folder. Do you suppose Google's servers are killing email along the way anyhow?

Dan Asseff February 4th, 2012 09:00 AM

Chris,
I have AT&T and am not getting it in my spam folder. If that helps. AT&T uses Yahoo for there emails.

Dan

Josh Bass February 4th, 2012 04:30 PM

Ditto. Gmail, at&t, no dvinfo in spam folder

Greg Clark February 8th, 2012 08:00 PM

I don't use gmail but am glad the notifications are working again.

Jeff Troiano February 9th, 2012 09:21 AM

Woke up to a mailbox full of past notification. Hope this is the beginning to getting things back to normal.

Jeff

Jay West February 9th, 2012 12:21 PM

For me, e-mail notifications started happening again yesterday afternoon. Seems things are back to normal.