DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DV Info Net Announcements (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/)
-   -   Custom Nickname (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/52948-custom-nickname.html)

James Emory October 18th, 2005 10:34 AM

Custom Nickname

Chris, I have noticed that some members have a custom nickname under their membership name. Is there a list to pick from or can we choose our nickname? If so, where is this option located?

K. Forman October 18th, 2005 02:03 PM

I hadn't noticed that James... Who are these people???

James Emory October 18th, 2005 02:17 PM

Well, I have no idea Captain Quirk.

K. Forman October 18th, 2005 02:33 PM

Are you in some blue phase?

James Emory October 18th, 2005 02:37 PM

Nope, I'm just special. :)

Actually, I think it's easier to read and it's something different.

K. Forman October 18th, 2005 03:29 PM

The nickname I sport, was my screen name. I'd had it for years, and used it when I joined these boards. After having been a member for a while, the Admin decided to make a sweeping decree, that all members shall forever be known by their real names (It was like real Charlton Heston/Moses returns from the Mountain stuff!). I sorta balked at the new system, and pleaded my case with said Admin. Being the sweet guy that he is (Or tanked... not sure which ;), he allowed me to keep my "noms de guerre", while making me adhere to the also said decree.

Rik Sanchez October 18th, 2005 05:43 PM

Yeah, I remember when they changed the name policy, Chris sent me an email and told me I could keep my old screen name, that seemed like a long time ago, I think I am member 924, what's the member count now, close to 20,000 That was 19,000 members ago, man how this forum has grown. They also posted who became member 1,000 Are you guys gonna post who becomes member 20,000?

Chris Hurd October 18th, 2005 08:09 PM

Member #20,000 will indeed get a custom title... provided they stick around!

Jesse Bekas October 19th, 2005 03:30 PM

I might be missing something...is there a way for us to see our own member numbers?

Richard Alvarez October 19th, 2005 05:48 PM

Jesse,
Theres a trick to seeing your member number.

First you have to kiss your elbow,

then it shows up on your forhead.

Works for me

James Emory October 19th, 2005 05:54 PM

Well, I got the number on my forehead but now I can't tell what it says because it's backward in the mirror and nobody else is home right now to tell me what is says! And no, I'm not going to the neighbor's with this on my head either. How do you remove the number?

K. Forman October 19th, 2005 05:55 PM

That number would'nt be a few 9s, would it?

Jack Barker October 19th, 2005 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Forman
That number would'nt be a few 9s, would it?

Don't you mean 6's?
Redrum...redrum...redrum...

K. Forman October 19th, 2005 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Barker
Don't you mean 6's?
Redrum...redrum...redrum...

Old SNL skit... Belushi was Damion the Omen. Somebody checked his head for the 666, but were looking at him upsidedown- "No sixes... just some nines..."

I guess ya had to be there, it was funny.

Dylan Couper October 20th, 2005 11:20 AM

Dammit, I still can't kiss my elbow.