DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DV Info Net Announcements (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/)
-   -   Firefox/Mac Issues with this Forum (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/85626-firefox-mac-issues-forum.html)

Larry Huntington February 4th, 2007 12:12 AM

Firefox/Mac Issues with this Forum

When I type messages in Firefox, words gets scrunched together, which forces me to use safari. Anyone else have issues with Firefox browser and the mac with dvinfo.net?

Bill Pryor February 4th, 2007 02:19 PM

I use both Firefox and Safari. I'm on Firefox now. No problems at all.

Austin Meyers March 26th, 2007 02:01 PM

safari issues

i have issues with safari on here. it won't for the life of me save my login info for any amount of time. even during single browsing sessions. and i have problems going to links that require logins, i log in and then it just takes me back to the same login page forever.

Tim Dashwood March 27th, 2007 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Austin Meyers (Post 648848)
i have issues with safari on here. it won't for the life of me save my login info for any amount of time. even during single browsing sessions. and i have problems going to links that require logins, i log in and then it just takes me back to the same login page forever.

This happened after the last forum software update. It is fine if you don't log out, but as soon as you log out and Safari dumps your cookie, the forum software won't give you a new one. It also times you out if you don't do anything after a short amount of time.

There are a few wranglers here using Safari, so rest assured Chris is aware of the issue and is doing what he can with the tech guys to work it out.

In the meantime, if you haven't logged out since the last update, DON'T.

I've been using Opera to check the forums because it seems to accept a login cookie from dvinfo just fine.

Jim Miller March 27th, 2007 08:13 AM

I use Safari and everything works fine. No problems viewing, posting, or having my name and password remembered.

Boyd Ostroff March 27th, 2007 08:57 AM

Works fine under Safari for me too... but Tim has identified the Safari bug. DO NOT click the "Log Out" link on the right hand side of the menu bar. If you do then Safari will force you to log in every time you visit DVinfo. As long as you don't log out or move to a different Mac you should be OK.

Heath McKnight March 27th, 2007 01:50 PM

Don't reset Safari, either--it's like logging out, too.

heath

Warren Shultz March 29th, 2007 12:51 AM

Doesn't seem to make a difference to me on Safari... nothing I do will keep me logged in more than a few minutes before I'm dropped. I'm glad to know it's not just me.

Tomas Chinchilla April 9th, 2007 07:24 PM

Any updates on this? it's driving me insane as I have to log in every time.

Poppe Johansson April 9th, 2007 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomas Chinchilla (Post 657079)
Any updates on this? it's driving me insane as I have to log in every time.

..like here (Safari).

Glenn Davidson April 10th, 2007 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Austin Meyers (Post 648848)

Same problem here when using Safari. Constantly getting logged off. This is new, never happend before.

Also, when I am logged out ,if I click on an attachment , I am directed to the log in. But even after logging in I can not open that attachment. If there are more than one, then other will open but never the one that I clicked while logged off.

Matt Newcomb April 10th, 2007 12:11 AM

I'm on a mac with firefox right now, seems to work just fine.

Jess Charlton April 10th, 2007 05:02 AM

I use Camino, which is great. It's like Firefox, but it's more native to the mac environment.

Gary Mckinstry April 10th, 2007 03:53 PM

I'm Having the same problem with safari. It used to keep me logged in but now I have to log on each visit.

Gary

Jeffrey Butler April 10th, 2007 10:51 PM

I use this forum on two macs - my tower and my laptop. My tower still has me logged in, and remembers me each day. I must not have ever logged out. I do remember logging out on this machine, though, and do tire of the login issue as well.

I think it's as Tim says above. I don't have this issue on a forum I run, and use Safari and am pretty sure I can log in/out at will...

I'm going to look into snagging the cookie from my other machine and see what happens.

I do wonder if, on Safari, you change the cookie preference from "sites I navigate to" to "always" if that would do it. I'll try that, too...next post.