DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DVC Feedback! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvc-feedback/)
-   -   DVC #6 - Hugh DiMauro (Supernatural unexplained Netherworld) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvc-feedback/74048-dvc-6-hugh-dimauro-supernatural-unexplained-netherworld.html)

Hugh DiMauro August 22nd, 2006 02:13 PM

Miss Meryem:

I'm not quite yet a *bona fide* ghost buster as I haven't even been on my first investigation, which is Saturday. The place where we're supposed to be allegedly has alot of activity as of late. Now, I've been in a few sticky situations over the years involving humans because that's my job. That I can handle. But let me tell ya, ghosts are a whole new territory and I cannot guess my reaction to seeing one if I do. I might just pull a "Curly" and dive through the window and run down the street in fast motion!

"Whoooop whooop whooop whoop! Nyuk nyuk nyuk nyuk!"

Bravo is at the Keg. Trust me. I know for a fact. I've seen the spectral photos of him and his Miami-Vice cronies.

John, my movie then had its desired effect. Mmmmmwaaaahhhhhh ha ha ha!

Greg Boston August 22nd, 2006 02:23 PM

I watched the movie, Hugh. Interesing stuff indeed! I don't want to take anything away from Korin, but I would also offer to help out with a tense vibe. I sit here a lot and create that stuff. And with Halloween just around the corner, I am in a 'spirited' music mood.

Sean, perhaps I can email you a few samples to work from.

-gb-

Dick Mays August 22nd, 2006 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Brickner Jr
Ok, I watched this at 2:30 in the morning in the pitch black dark and the music literally gave me chills. I love the supernatural. It's a great subject. I would of had Ghostbusters tear it up though but thats just me lol.

Yeah, I watched it at 5:00 am this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. So thanks to Hugh, I've been dragging all day at work!

Hugh, you really ought to do a feature length HAUNTING movie. I don't get into that stuff myself, but it SELLS, SELLS, SELLS. I tried doing a scary short, but it just came off cheezy.

I think you have to believe in the paranormal to make a movie about it. With aftereffects and good sound software, I can't believe anything I see on film.

Dick

Bruce Broussard August 22nd, 2006 08:10 PM

Ectoplasm?
Orbs?
Vortex? Who ya gonna call?

Seriously, very nice and professional presentation. It made me want to see a lot more. This would be well suited to a 30 or 60 minutes presentation, It would be cool to see a lot more, with plenty of explanation. Intriguing.

I would have liked to have seen more video.

Dennis Khaye August 22nd, 2006 11:17 PM

There is something about watching these things that peaks the interest of believers and non-believers a like. This definatly could have been longer and add interviews. Gosh, having a ghostbuster for friend must be really interesting. Nice job Hugh and company.

Hugh DiMauro August 23rd, 2006 07:20 AM

Dennis, Bruce, Dick, Greg:

Thank you all for your comments. Greg made a fabulous point: Folks like us out of the Hollywood loop can only benefit from the teamwork of this site. Dreams are made through the kindness of eager folks like Greg and Korin who make significant contributions to others'projects. They can expect the same in return for their productions as well.

Robert Martens August 23rd, 2006 03:03 PM

Well, I'm not convinced of anything supernatural based purely on the things presented here, but I do want to believe in stuff like this, and you did succeed in freaking me out with that music, so thumbs up! Kept waiting for some major "jump out of your chair" moment--thought maybe you were trying to trick us with the gentle soundtrack, only to spring something at the last minute--but I liked it anyway. Spooky, that's the word I'm looking for.

My only criticism would be that there was no real sense of closure, but I guess considering the subject matter, that's perfectly appropriate. Nice job!

Hugh DiMauro August 24th, 2006 04:14 AM

Thank You, Robert. Keep your eyes peeled for an upcoming movie. Everybody's good advice is being taken to heart.