DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvc-uwol-charity-challenge/)
-   -   Tales of Wonder and Woe - Charity Film Challenge 2012 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvc-uwol-charity-challenge/512521-tales-wonder-woe-charity-film-challenge-2012-a.html)

Kevin Railsback December 27th, 2012 09:47 PM

Re: Tales of Wonder and Woe - Charity Film Challenge 2012

1 Attachment(s)
Was out shooting this morning. I think I have different weather every time I've shot. Hate to see how I'm going to piece this together and make it all fit!

Here's a shot of Indian Creek this morning.

Kevin Railsback December 29th, 2012 09:13 AM

Well, today I sit down and try to write out a story to fit with all the footage I've shot.
Hopefully I can come up with something compelling!

Simon Wood December 29th, 2012 03:04 PM

I failed to shoot anything; too busy.....

I did manage to leave a donation in the fund though; so I look forward to watching and voting! Best of luck everyone.

Paul Wood December 30th, 2012 03:06 AM

Same here, I'm afraid - unexpected overseas travel in the middle of the month left me out of time.

I also managed to donate, and am looking forward to seeing the entries!

Trond Saetre December 30th, 2012 04:32 PM

I have now reached plan E or maybe plan K... or something like that.
Like Kevin, I have experienced different weather each day. From snow storm to rain to sunshine.
But I think I have enough footage to put something together.

Simon and Paul, too bad your time didn't cooperate this round.
I look forward to see your entries next time.

Markus Nord December 30th, 2012 04:44 PM

I hade an idea, i hade one day to shoot (not a perfect day), but I have not got a single day left for editing and VO. To bad, well se you all in next challenge.

Cheers and I wish you all a happy new year.

Marj Atkins December 31st, 2012 07:56 AM

I am a few hours away from finishing but unfortunatley New Year's Eve plans must go ahead so I will definitely not get this in on time. I will however submit my entry for comments as soon as it is finished as it is so nearly done!

Mike Sims December 31st, 2012 08:05 AM

I’ve been so indisposed that I saw neither the forest nor the trees.

This group just keeps improving, much like the DVInfo which supports it. I applaud each of you (and that includes you DVC folks too!) for your 2012 works. I sincerely wish for 2013 to bring us all good health, good fortune and, most of all, much more good video. Thanks team.

Kevin Railsback December 31st, 2012 09:29 AM

Holy cow, people are falling like... well, trees around here!
Still in it but trying to get a red food dye stain out of beige carpet. That's gonna be my morning right now.

Trond Saetre December 31st, 2012 12:16 PM

I'm done. Uploading my plan K, or was it plan Z... to youtube and vimeo as we speak. :)

Anyone remember the username/pw to the uwol vimeo page?

Chris Barcellos December 31st, 2012 01:02 PM

Unfortunately, I have also failed at getting a film done. I just could not break out of several things that have been going on in our life to get out to do shooting. I feel bad about not getting this done, especially in light of the history of the Challenge and the bringing together of UWOL and DVChallenge regulars. I hoping for a better New Year, and wish the same to all !

LeRoy Gunderson December 31st, 2012 05:06 PM

Since I am new at this I may have done something incorrectly. I finished my film and uploaded it to YouTube, then sent the link and title to the email address provided in the rules. Was I supposed to upload it to Vimeo also? If so, I missed the boat on that step.

I would appreciate it if someone would point me in the right direction if I have strayed from the path.

This has been a great experience and I hope to do more in the future.

Thanks,
LeRoy

I wish everyone a very Happy New Year.

Kevin Railsback December 31st, 2012 11:11 PM

Uploaded mine to YouTube sent Lorinda the URL.
Couldn't upload to the Vimeo UWOL page cause I didn't know the password and the file is too big to upload to my Vimeo account.

Wish YouTube would default to HD instead of 360 because the video looks crappy unless you play it back in HD

Lorinda Norton December 31st, 2012 11:37 PM

LeRoy, you did just fine! As for you, Kevin and Trond, give me a minute to refresh my memory on the Vimeo account and I will send you upload info. No worries if it is tomorrow; I have your other links.

Good heavens, are these going to be the only three films we get?!?

Kevin Railsback December 31st, 2012 11:41 PM

Should be four films with Toni's