DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DVD Authoring (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvd-authoring/)
-   -   DVD Architect 3.0c Export menu as theme (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvd-authoring/111259-dvd-architect-3-0c-export-menu-theme.html)

Monday Isa December 30th, 2007 07:26 PM

DVD Architect 3.0c Export menu as theme

Hello,
I've been playing around with designing a menu scene selection template I want for this coming year. I have everything laid out nice in the program. I export the theme as a positional and the theme exports properly. The problem I have now is that when placing the main video on the menu and adding a scene selection, every scene selection page I apply the menu theme to, the text is changed from the exported text markers from Vegas. It says text underneath each object. I've tried even exporting the theme from a movie, using the movie text and it will only show the initial text from the exported theme not the text from the exported markers within the video I use. Any help?

Monday

Don Bloom December 30th, 2007 09:26 PM

If I understand correctly the menu which you saved as a THEME has text embedded which you wish to use but when you place the video into the menu the name of the piece is showing as another button?
IF this is correct it is very easy to fix. Simply click on the button that was dragged onto the menu when placing the video, F2, hit delete. This wil delete the TEXT in the button giving you an empty button that points to the video. Move the empty button to the postion over the text that is embedded, size to fit, choose the highlight you want and that's it.
If that's NOT what you mean perhaps you could clarify a bit but that's what I'm reading.

Don

Monday Isa December 30th, 2007 09:50 PM

Thanks for replying Don,
I actually want to do the opposite. I want to use my theme I created but want the text that is exported in the media markers to show up when I use my new menu theme. The text that I export in the media markers from vegas aren't being recognized with my menu theme, they are being over written. I could go back and just re type each and everyone, but if I use a template theme from dvd architect it allows the text exported in the media markers to show up unchanged. I hope that wasn't to confusing. So I would like my new menu theme to allow the text in unchanged. Let me know if I'm still confusing. Thanks

Monday

Don Bloom December 31st, 2007 06:15 AM

ah, I get it now. SO YOUR theme isn't showing the text fron the chapters created in Vegas!?
Never heard of that but let me ask, was this new theme created entirely in DVDA or in Photoshop or ???
Also when you bring the video to the theme are you seeing the button(s) without text or not seeing the buttons at all?
Don

Monday Isa December 31st, 2007 07:15 AM

Yup, that's the problem Don. The new theme was created entirely in DVD Architect. When bringing the video into the theme I see both button and text just not the text that it should be.

Don Bloom December 31st, 2007 10:41 AM

not sure why it wouldn't be bringing in the text that was used in the marker set in Vegas but can you just change the text in the button that is brought in when you drop the video into DVDA?

I use a lot of menus I make in Photoshop and simply delete the text in the button and move the button to cover the text of the menu from PS.

Don

Monday Isa December 31st, 2007 11:04 AM

Well thanks Don,
I guess that is what I will need to do as well. Pretty much rename them one by one. I thought there my have been something I wasn't doing right to have them renamed as the markers I placed in Vegas automatically. Thanks for help very much appreciated. Take Care Don and Happy New Years!!

Monday