DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DVD Authoring (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvd-authoring/)
-   -   Burning DVD from FCP4 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvd-authoring/16848-burning-dvd-fcp4.html)

Guest November 12th, 2003 10:51 AM

Yes iDVD can do this and they do it well, I was just ondering do they still but the Apple Logo on your video??

As for exporting from FCP just export it as a QuickTime movie a allowing for good quailty if you know the settings and drag and drop the .mov clip you have made into iDVD it converts.

Mark Newhouse November 12th, 2003 11:17 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by Tom Neumann : I was just ondering do they still but the Apple Logo on your video??
-->>>

As I mentioned in a previous post on this thread, simply turn off the logo in the iDVD preferences:

In iDVD go to iDVD>Preferences and in the General pane you'll see a checkbox for Show Apple logo watermark. Uncheck that and the Apple logo disappears.

It will never show up on the video, just the DVD menu, and only if you leave it enabled.

Dan Bohman November 12th, 2003 04:37 PM

mpeg2 into iDVD

if i export out of FCP4 through Compressor for better mpeg2 quality, can i then import that into iDVD for authoring? the movie is a theatre production with two 1.5 hour acts. if i can't, what is the best/cheapest program to use to author an mpeg2 to DVD? thanks ya'll.

dan B.

J. Clayton Stansberry November 12th, 2003 06:48 PM

I would imagine, with a mac, it's DVD Studio Pro 2. I have been wondering about this. Is it true that iDVD only allows like 4 scenes (from the menu) instead of an unlimited or 20 or something like that? Does anyone know how many scenes within a menu DVD Studio Pro 2 allows? What are some other benefits???

Thanks in advance...
Clay

Jeff Donald November 12th, 2003 09:59 PM

I think the limit is 99.

J. Clayton Stansberry November 13th, 2003 10:49 AM

Jeff,

That's for DSP2 right, not iDVD? Or, am I missing something within iDVD?

Thanks...

Jeff Donald November 13th, 2003 10:55 AM

Sorry, DVDSP2.

Guest November 13th, 2003 11:32 AM

From Apple:

Contains multistory feature to create alternate versions (up to 98 stories)

Timeline-based Track Editor
The timeline can assemble nine video angles, eight audio tracks and 32 subtitles into a single track. It adds trimming and merging options and lets you place, modify and delete chapter markers. You can also convert slideshows into a track, to add features such as subtitles and audio tracks.

Advanced menu control
When you assign a video clip as a menu background, you can choose to loop to a frame different from the starting frame. This allows you to have a looping background with a beginning section — for example a fade up from black or a transition from another menu — that only plays the first time through. Audio assigned to the menu automatically follows the video as it loops. Advanced overlay graphics let you choose up to four colors or shades of gray so that multiple highlight colors appear when buttons are selected or activated. You can select chroma (black, red, blue and white) or grayscale (black, dark gray, light gray and white) overlays. You can configure a menu to support up to 16 different languages. When the DVD starts playing, it checks the menu language setting of the DVD player and automatically displays the corresponding menu, if a menu for that language is available, or the menu for the first language available if there is no language match.

Matt Concialdi November 20th, 2003 11:57 AM

<Sent from Rick>

Important to save project as dvd project, before you do anything else and keep saving it often. I had the same problem and ok since I've been doing this.

Rick,

I have looked to try to save as a dvd project but I can't find it. How do I go about saving it as a dvd project?

Rick Banfield November 20th, 2003 12:07 PM

Matt Concialdi

Matt,
Are you sorted with your DVD Projects ok?

Rick Banfield

Matt Concialdi November 22nd, 2003 07:31 PM

When I drag my quicktime file over to iDVD, then I try to burn it, iDVD gives me this error:

Problems found validating your project
A DVD must have at least one video track or one slide show.

I played the piece in quick time and it works, both video and audio. Does anyone have an idea where I am going wrong or how I can fix this problem.

Thanks

Rick Banfield November 23rd, 2003 01:14 AM

Matt,
Remember to make project, ADD FOLDER, SAVE PROJECT, then reopen IT, and add your quicktime file.(Hopefully).

I had the same problem. Hope this works
Rick Banfield

Matt Concialdi November 25th, 2003 01:11 PM

Well, I got one step successful. I got video but no audio. I went with exporting as a 60 min fast encode with compressor selecting the "ALL" selection- DVD PCM audio and MPEG 2 fast encode. From there I brought it over to Toast 6 and burned it as a DVD. It says that it is not detecting audio and asks if it is in a seperate location. I burned the DVD and the video came out but no audio.

How do I get audio on there? Am I missing something here? Should I also compress the with AIFF?

G. Lee Gordon December 2nd, 2003 09:52 AM

Hey guy's I dopn't know if this is the correct thread for this, but you all seem very knowledgeable and I am desperate. I am using DVDSP 2.0 on a Mac G5 1.8. I am trying to burn long DVD's 90+ Min. The final product of the burn is terrible. Random waves of pixelation float accross the screen. My threshold setting is Target=4, Max=8. I am using the stock super drive.