DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/eos-crop-sensor-aps-c-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   "NO MORE TEARS" - Short for Ridley Scott/Philips Contest (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/eos-crop-sensor-aps-c-sample-clips-gallery/483409-no-more-tears-short-ridley-scott-philips-contest.html)

Jean-Michel Tari August 16th, 2010 05:33 AM

"NO MORE TEARS" - Short for Ridley Scott/Philips Contest

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

here is my latest short movie made with aCanon 7D
I Hope you'll like it...

YouTube - NO MORE TEARS

Cheers

Jean-Michel

Jon Braeley August 16th, 2010 06:01 AM

Brilliant!

Heath Vinyard August 18th, 2010 12:12 PM

Very nice.

Lee Tamer August 25th, 2010 12:30 PM

Did you only use one Canon 7D for this? If so I'm very impressed

G. Lee Gordon August 28th, 2010 12:39 AM

You are so talented that it's not even fair. Why don't you sign with Lucas Films and make your movie already!

Can you tell us more about the shoot? What lenses you used? Etc. Do you ave a behind the scenes video?

Martin Campbell August 30th, 2010 05:54 PM

in a word - Wow!

Lee Tamer August 31st, 2010 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G. Lee Gordon (Post 1563575)
You are so talented that it's not even fair. Why don't you sign with Lucas Films and make your movie already!

Can you tell us more about the shoot? What lenses you used? Etc. Do you ave a behind the scenes video?

Im also curious as to how much was green screen etc and how many cameras were used

Bryan Cantwell September 1st, 2010 06:57 PM

With that on your reel, I have to ask... Why are you entering contests?!?

That clip should easily get you a nice big-budget contract, especially if it was self-produced...

Henry Olonga September 2nd, 2010 01:08 PM

Wow, wow wow. I am very impressed!!! This is where it's at. That was amazing. Much better than the usual ducks and landscapes and test videos we seem to have around us all the time. Very inspiring. Can I just ask - what software was used for the CGI stuff? Veyr interested in going that route soon now that I have my gear.

Just been to his Youtube page and discovered that he is the Cinematic director at Ubisoft. Hmmmmmmmmm might explain why he knows a thing or two about 3D. Awesome.

John Mercer September 7th, 2010 08:45 AM

I would love to know what your budget was. It is extremely well made and shows just what can be achieved even in the demanding CGI area and what fantastic talent is out there. Very good sound design too!

Best of luck with the competition but if it doesn't win something I'd be gobsmacked.

Jean-Michel Tari November 1st, 2010 09:50 AM

Making of is online

Hi all,

just to let you know that I've just posted a little Making-Of of No More Tears.
I hope you'll like it.

YouTube - "No More Tears" - MAKING OF

Cheers

Jean-Michel

Xin Jin December 1st, 2010 05:44 PM

Wow
fantastic. did you do this all with only the 7d? unbelieveable stuff. what program did you use and how did you learn to use it so damn good? btw are you giving lessons?

chapeau =)