DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/eos-crop-sensor-aps-c-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   My 2nd short shot on a Canon 7D. Check out the trailer. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/eos-crop-sensor-aps-c-sample-clips-gallery/486359-my-2nd-short-shot-canon-7d-check-out-trailer.html)

Brandon Furst October 19th, 2010 08:40 PM

My 2nd short shot on a Canon 7D. Check out the trailer.

Like I said this is my 2nd short on the Canon 7D.

The Break on Facebook

The Break is a story about an actor who gets his big break, suffers a massive stroke and with the help of his friends pushes for a comeback.

This was made with no budget and no crew. I was the DP/editor/etc. The writer/director/actor is the lead character and when the other actors weren't doing anything, I said "Hey, you, hold this mic!"
We have submitted to a ton of fests though I know that's a long shot but we're hopeful.

Also, we're just about to start shooting a FEATURE!

It's an action thriller and we are super excited and hopeful we can make it all the way through. In the meantime, check out the Break trailer! Let me know what you think!

Ben Tolosa October 19th, 2010 09:28 PM

So cool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon Furst (Post 1580332)
Like I said this is my 2nd short on the Canon 7D.

The Break on Facebook

The Break is a story about an actor who gets his big break, suffers a massive stroke and with the help of his friends pushes for a comeback.

the Break, Trailer on Vimeo

This was made with no budget and no crew. I was the DP/editor/etc. The writer/director/actor is the lead character and when the other actors weren't doing anything, I said "Hey, you, hold this mic!"
We have submitted to a ton of fests though I know that's a long shot but we're hopeful.

Also, we're just about to start shooting a FEATURE!

It's an action thriller and we are super excited and hopeful we can make it all the way through. In the meantime, check out the Break trailer! Let me know what you think!

Hey that looks so cool!

Image looks great. What settings (profile?) did you use on your 7D? I have one... Which lenses did you use?

Also, could you tell me what did you use for lighting? Did you use a dual sound system or straight to the camera?

Great job Brandon!

Brandon Furst October 19th, 2010 10:12 PM

RE: Ben

Thanks Ben!

On this I used the Marvels Cine profile setting.
Lenses: Kit 28-135 and Tamron 17-55VC, though I sent it (the Tamron) back after shooting. The backward focus got to me.
Lights: Rented a Arri 3 light kit. 1k, 650, 300.
Sound recorded on cam and on a Zoom h4n with a ntg2 and some cheapo Radio shack lavs, or they call them clip on mics.
That about sums up what I used for every scene.
Oh, I edited in Vegas Pro.

Tom Chaney October 22nd, 2010 03:32 AM

Very Nice!

Russ Ivey January 4th, 2011 02:48 PM

Yeah, this was very well done. If you want suggestions, I'd be careful about the spotlight effect on your text. It was eating up some of the letters here and there and made it harder to read.

Sareesh Sudhakaran January 4th, 2011 10:14 PM

Nice work! Was it intentional to have some of the shots too dark and contrasty, especially on the faces?

Brandon Furst June 27th, 2011 09:39 PM

Re: My 2nd short shot on a Canon 7D. Check out the trailer.

Thanks to those who watched the trailer and commented.
So far, The Break was accepted and played at the Boomtown Film Fest and the San Antonio Film Fest.
I'll post it here now so you can check out the whole film if you like.

The Break

I also shot another short as well, 18 Days

And per the feature I mentioned in a previous post, I finished shooting and I'm now working on the sound post, again with no crew, etc.

Check out the trailer at Facebook.

FB= Enemy of the Mind | Facebook