DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/eos-full-frame-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Music Video shot in Paris with Canon 5D MkII (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/eos-full-frame-sample-clips-gallery/142447-music-video-shot-paris-canon-5d-mkii.html)

Albrecht Gerlach January 26th, 2009 02:48 PM

Music Video shot in Paris with Canon 5D MkII

Hello everyone,

just wanted to share this music video I shot for a French R&B singer in and around Paris.
A lot of shots were done with a Steadicam Merlin. Very handy for getting shakefree shots in places where you couldn't set up a tripod. (the shot in the restaurant and all the shots inside the car) Drawback is that I was limited to the lighter lenses like the 28mm 1,8 and the 50 1,4. On the tripod shots we used a 24-105. Please send any questions or comments.

Monica, "Diga" on Vimeo

Greetings from Paris, Albrecht

Art Varga January 26th, 2009 03:45 PM

Albrecht - nice vid! The lighting for the silohette shot is great. Your Merlin shots came out pretty smooth. Could you share the general settings? Were you able to balance the 24-105 at all?

Art

Henry Coll January 26th, 2009 03:52 PM

excellent video.

the acting was top notch. the editing was GREAT, as well as the lighting. Colour correction was very well done, and i liked the framing and those subtle pull focus, along with the steady shots they gave it a totally pro sheen.

was it too difficult to trick the camera before each shot to get the DOF, exposure and ISO you wanted? Did it take much time? That's my main concern with this camera (which im sonsidering getting), as it's not made to shoot properly and you have to waste a lot of time before each shot to set all things right.

Robert Batta January 26th, 2009 04:08 PM

Hi,

Good work but I see is 30P .. how use the PAL TV stations in French ?
30P to 25 conversion make a blury frames...or not ?

Edouard Saba January 27th, 2009 05:01 AM

Hallo Albrecht, I would be really greatful if you woul tell me your expierence with the Merlin Steadicam. I am trying to find a good solution for shooting and I thought to buy one for my Canon 5D II.

Jeremy Nicholl January 27th, 2009 11:09 PM

Really nice...and great music too. Since you don't mention otherwise I assume you were using Canon lenses, so I'll ask the obvious question: how did you get manual control over the camera?

I'm also very interested on how you set up with the Merlin. I was at a dealer's in the UK last month and they just couldn't get the 5d2 + 35mm 1.4 to balance.

Daniel Ridicki January 28th, 2009 11:21 AM

Great job Albrecht!

Highly aesthetic.
I would also like to know how did you abridge the 30p to 25p problem.
Also, which software you used for editing, and is it possible to mig 30p and 25p on the same timeline. Thanks.