DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/eos-full-frame-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   final edit of music video.... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/eos-full-frame-sample-clips-gallery/143035-final-edit-music-video.html)

Christopher Witz February 4th, 2009 08:53 AM

final edit of music video....

Final edit of a music video shoot entirely on the 5d2. Used only canon ef lenses ( 85 1.2, 17-40, 24-105, 50 1.2, 35 1.4 ) and edited with FCP ( batch converted files to prores ) and the "look" is with magic bullet. Camera was mostly mounted on an indiesliderpro and focus was helped by the use of a indiefocuspro.

lighting was coollights 150 cdm daylight Fresnel's, flolight led500's, and flolight 6 bank flos.

Amherst - Here & Now By warehouse pictures On ExposureRoom

Jon Fairhurst February 4th, 2009 10:52 AM

Great video, Christopher - on many levels.

Could you describe your support setup in more detail, such as which IndiSYSTEM packages you have, which head, sticks, and rails you are using and how solid and controllable everything is with the 5D over the range of lens setups.

BTW, I bet your "cadavers" were sick of lying there by the end of the shoot. We shot a murder scene recently, and the guy stayed there for about 2 hours before the scene was done. "Dead guy" can be a tough role!

Mitch Aunger February 4th, 2009 11:04 AM

it is indeed very very well done and we highlighted it on the 5d wiki the other day.

Is there anything significantly different? It looks the same to me.

Christopher Witz February 4th, 2009 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Fairhurst (Post 1006438)
Great video, Christopher - on many levels.

Could you describe your support setup in more detail, such as which IndiSYSTEM packages you have, which head, sticks, and rails you are using and how solid and controllable everything is with the 5D over the range of lens setups.

BTW, I bet your "cadavers" were sick of lying there by the end of the shoot. We shot a murder scene recently, and the guy stayed there for about 2 hours before the scene was done. "Dead guy" can be a tough role!

sure.....

5D2 sits on cavison rod support, and indifocuspro ( newer version... much better than older one ) goes on the rods... I use the friction wheel rather than the gears as I don't have enough for all the lenses I used. Rods sits on a 501 head which is on the 36" indieproslider, which is on bogen 3236 sticks. All pretty solid to me and I've got the hang of it after getting to know it for the last few months. I do put a sony ex1 on the exact setup but with a lens gear unless I have the letus EX on it.... then I use the friction wheel.

Jason Boyette February 4th, 2009 12:53 PM

Can you explain how you batch converted the files to prores? pretty please
Were you able to monitor them on an external monitor at full frame rate?

Thanks

Christopher Witz February 4th, 2009 03:06 PM

I used compressor to batch process them. MPEGstreamclip ( free ) also does a great batch process to prorez. You can also open the .mov clips in quicktime pro and export them one at a time.

Just used the cameras lcd screen on the back during the shoot. We were moving way to fast to have anything hooked up to the camera.... did the whole shoot in 4 hours.

Simone Maurice February 6th, 2009 10:39 AM

lighting setup picts?

It looks great. Might you have any picts of your lighting setups for the scenes?