DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/eos-full-frame-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Model shoot in the desert (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/eos-full-frame-sample-clips-gallery/240234-model-shoot-desert.html)

Dave Contreras August 3rd, 2009 11:51 AM

Model shoot in the desert

I don't post much here, I mostly lurk but I've learned a lot.

I helped a friend of mine out a few weeks back to shoot a BTS video of a photoshoot out in the desert. The conditions were horrid and I was under prepared. I just used my Mark II on a cheap tripod with a 200mm prime and the 24-105. It would have been nice to have a loupe and a more stable tripod but I'll worry about that next time.. oh, and changing lenses on a windy lake bed is a bad idea ;)

If anything, the model is gorgeous so she more than makes up for the mistakes I made LOL

model Nadege Dabrowski dry lake bed shoot on Vimeo

Enjoy!

Marcus Marchesseault August 3rd, 2009 07:57 PM

I agree that Nadege is gorgeous. She'll be seen in photos again for sure. I disagree that you made too many mistakes. Some of your shots look better than the stills since the natural lighting didn't wash out so much color like the strobes. In particular, the section near 2:20 where she is wearing the blue top looks great. The lighting and exposure are just right and that f-stop and lens made the model look sharp with just enough blur in the background. The light and background gave her great color. A smoother tripod would be nice, but this type of video lends itself to the shorter takes that cover up occasional jitters.

Dylan Couper August 5th, 2009 03:16 PM

I like the music, who is it?

Peer Landa August 5th, 2009 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus Marchesseault (Post 1180534)
Some of your shots look better than the stills since the natural lighting didn't wash out so much color like the strobes.

I certainly agree -- I can't see any mistakes either, and with a little post grading it could've become the main piece (instead of the photoshoot).

-- peer

Rob Morse August 5th, 2009 08:28 PM

That is awesome! I wish my video camera could shoot that well. You can sell this to Canon and they can use it as an advertisement for the camera. Great job. The model was hot as well.

Scott Ippolito August 14th, 2009 09:18 AM

Location?

Hi Dave.

I think you were too hard on yourself, the video looks great. Btw, where did you guys shoot? Did you need a permit for the location?

Dave Contreras August 14th, 2009 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Morse (Post 1185933)
That is awesome! I wish my video camera could shoot that well. You can sell this to Canon and they can use it as an advertisement for the camera. Great job. The model was hot as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Ippolito (Post 1221480)
Hi Dave.

I think you were too hard on yourself, the video looks great. Btw, where did you guys shoot? Did you need a permit for the location?

Thanks guys. I just think I would have been able to do better had I had a better tripod and a viewfinder. The tripod I had was too light and would shake quite a bit when the wind would pick up. Also, it was so bright outside that I couldn't see the view finder and had a hard time nailing the exposure. I had to throw out a lot of shots because they were either over or underexposed. Next time, I'm going to use a proper rig LOL

Thanks for viewing!