DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Pro X (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-pro-x/)
-   -   show live camera metadata (shutter speed, iris,..) in FCPX (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-pro-x/507853-show-live-camera-metadata-shutter-speed-iris-fcpx.html)

Anton Puttemans May 17th, 2012 05:07 AM

show live camera metadata (shutter speed, iris,..) in FCPX

Is it possible to see LIVE all the video meta data like shutter speed, aperture, iris etc?
I don't even know if it is recorded in the video.
I use a Sony HDR-PJ740VE (european model of PJ760)

Is there any other program that will?
Cheers

Colin Browell May 27th, 2012 11:37 AM

Re: show live camera metadata (shutter speed, iris,..) in FCPX

That model seems to be AVCHD. The good news is that most Sony camcorders usually do record shutter speed, aperture etc into the video files (other makes often have fewer items recorded). The bad news is that I don't think you can view this info in FCPX (perhaps others will chip in).

You can view all that info in real time as the mts file is played using DVMP Pro, but it is only available for Windows.

Craig Seeman May 27th, 2012 12:45 PM

I have a hunch this is coming. Look in FCPX Inspector, Info button and then look at the bottom left for example and select Edit Metadata View. There's a wealth of stuff not yet implemented. It's a strong clue to where FCPX is going.

Caleb Reynolds May 31st, 2012 12:50 PM

I've searched on this and I found people that said it can not be done....but there is supposed to be multi-cam functionality. Would that not mean you could use it as a live switcher? If so, it would be awesome to see the metadata

Craig Seeman May 31st, 2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caleb Reynolds (Post 1736035)
I've searched on this and I found people that said it can not be done....but there is supposed to be multi-cam functionality. Would that not mean you could use it as a live switcher? If so, it would be awesome to see the metadata

As per my post. Metadata fields are there but not yet implemented for detection. Generally an NLE is not a live switcher. It's received closed files.

On of the rare exceptions is Telelstream Pipeline which can feed live to FCP7 but not FCPX.

Anton Puttemans June 10th, 2012 07:28 AM

Hi guys, sorry for picking this up a bit late and thanks for pointing out DVMP Pro.
There is also someone who took up the chalenge and made a free tool.
I found it on the pages here: Export AVCHD frame specific metadata to subtitles

Unfortunately I am a Mac user and what's even more I switched over to Premiere CS6 now.
So no more transcoding/ wrapping for FCPX.
I found a tool, Metadata Explorer, for the Mac but it looks like it's for FCP only not X.

Metadata Explorer asks for a Final Cut Pro xml file.
I tried to export a clip from Adobe Prelude, setting the Type to Final Cut Pro XML and including the media but that doesn't work. Metadata Explorer says: "There was no QuickTime or Exif metadata in this XML file. Please choose another XML file exported from Final Cut Pro."

Anton Puttemans June 22nd, 2012 11:27 AM

Just an update...

Thanks for pointing out DVMP Pro!
It took me a while because I am on a Mac and had problems installing XP with BootCamp but today I bought DVMP Pro because it's useful to me analyzing clips and to better understand my camera.

Here is what I do, I have a Sony so AVCHD folder structure with .mts files.
After ingesting and logging (Adobe Prelude) I reboot in XP and do a batch export of the card dump to subtitle files (.srt extension) This goes pretty fast.
Switching to OSX again I move the all the .srt files to the folder where the .mts video files reside.

For layering the .srt files with the video I tried VLC but there seems to be an issue with .mts files
Get Movist!
Mac App Store - Movist
Now you can just select both files > rightclick >open with Movist and there ya go.

So even if I am editing in Premiere or something I can just look for the file in finder, select the .srt file that goes along and analyze.

Success!