DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Pro X (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-pro-x/)
-   -   Requested Features/Improvements for FCP X (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-pro-x/513843-requested-features-improvements-fcp-x.html)

William Hohauser February 4th, 2013 12:22 PM

Re: Requested Features/Improvements for FCP X

Here's a minor suggestion:

I would like to have the project window have to option of comparison length to the timeline thumbnails with a size slider. Right now they are all the same length so a 2 hour project occupies the same space in the window as a 15 sec. project.

Steve Benner February 6th, 2013 06:13 AM

Also:

- Since FCP X uses the Skimmer interface borrowed from iMovie, something nice in that app is that it uses orange color bars as clip rangers to note what parts of clips in your source browser have been used in the timeline.

This would be very useful to quickly see what parts of clips you have already used in the project/compound clip.

Dave Partington February 6th, 2013 04:22 PM

When re-sizing the project window, instead of taking the current position off the left of the screen, centre the screen around the playhead.

Oliver Neubert February 10th, 2013 06:23 PM

I didn't read through all the suggestions, sorry if someone already posted this:

It would be helpful if I could eject the SxS Cards of my camera directly after importing. It seems that FCPX still claims them to be in use, even if its just the imported footage being transcoded. If I need to import from cameras 2 and 3 I need to unplug the USB cable, which OSX is not so happy about. It works, I can import form the other cameras while it still transcodes, but seeing the red ! freaks me out every time.

David Knaggs February 18th, 2013 05:05 PM

When you make a transition, a simple little box next to the Audio Crossfade so that you can toggle this on or off (blue when it's on, blank when it's off). You can currently work around it by detaching your audio, but I dread doing that because I feel it's too easy to accidentally nudge your audio out of sync when you are dragging things around on the Timeline.

A simple on/off box could solve a lot of consternation.

Dave Partington February 19th, 2013 10:17 AM

I'd like t be able to enable / disable "this" (not all) colour adjustment from within the colour board to see before and after without having to back out all the way to the inspector to turn it on/off.

While there is a keyboard shortcut to turn colour on/off, it enables/disables 'all' colour corrections for this clip and not just a single correction (e.g. shape mask).

Robert Bale May 30th, 2013 07:41 AM

This would have to be a easy one , how about audio mixer, so we can adjust audio on the fly. Easy hey !!!

David Knaggs June 3rd, 2013 10:46 PM

I think it's been mentioned by others, but the ability to keyframe the color corrections is essential. I'm sitting here grinding my teeth right now because of this missing function. I'd love to see it added in the 10.0.9 release.

John Nantz January 19th, 2014 02:37 PM

Now that FCPX has been updated to 10.1.1 as I write this, there is one thing I would really like at this point: A way to draw a route on a map.

Since the video files are not raster as probably the Google maps are, then it is probably not really possible to follow a pixelated map.

What I would like to do is to draw a route that may not be a line on an existing map. For example, I take a picture or video of a nautical chart and then sail the boat from Point A to Point B, a distance that could be 10 or 100 miles (or kilometers), avoiding shallow areas, up or down channels, around islands, etc. This is not "as the crow would fly" route. It could also be a bicycle route or a hiking route (in a forest or city), or maybe even a route flying but with a private plane and not along a commercial flight path.

Use of a pen and iPad is okay. Use of iPhoto maybe, but the format and resolution would be nice to match the video and then to make the route animated.

I may consider a plug-in but for now this would be nice to have as a built-in feature.

Steven Davis December 27th, 2015 08:25 PM

Ok, so I'm not dreaming that the multiple scopes were there and then they are gone on the latest update. That's just silly.

David Knaggs July 21st, 2017 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Knaggs (Post 1798511)
I think it's been mentioned by others, but the ability to keyframe the color corrections is essential. I'm sitting here grinding my teeth right now because of this missing function. I'd love to see it added in the 10.0.9 release.

And four years later, this has still not been addressed in FCP X. How hard is it to add keyframing? FCP 6 could do it. Sheesh!