DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Pro X (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-pro-x/)
-   -   Getting the FxFactory advertisements out of the FCP Interface? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-pro-x/520458-getting-fxfactory-advertisements-out-fcp-interface.html)

David Knaggs December 4th, 2013 09:41 PM

Getting the FxFactory advertisements out of the FCP Interface?

Hi. I've just had FCP X crash for the third time today due to FxFactory plug-ins (the last one happened while FCP X was 90 minutes into an export. Grrrr).

FCP X never crashes otherwise, by the way, although that's not my point. My desire is to get rid of their (FxFactory) advertisements for their other plug-ins which litter the Browsers (Transitions, Themes, Generators, etc.) on the FCP X interface. It makes it really difficult for me to find the ACTUAL transitions, generators, themes, etc. which exist in FCP X. In scrolling through, it's just not always obvious which is which and so you click on the effect to see if there's a watermark. And three times today this has caused an FCP X crash.

I have one single paid FxFactory plug-in, called Ripple Timelines. It looks like it has potential and I might use it someday, but I'm seriously considering just throwing it away if that's the only way I can rid of the FxFactory advertisement clutter from the interface (by ridding my system of everything FxFactory).

Does anyone know of a way to rid the FCP X browsers of all the FxFactory plug-ins that I don't have (while allowing their one plug-in which I did pay for to remain in the browsers)?

Or do I just have to uninstall the whole FxFactory jungle and kiss goodbye to my paid plug-in?

Thanks in advance to anyone who might post a solution and please forgive any abruptness in this post as I work on a number of deadlines (and I'm sure many others are at this time of year!).

Niclas Bahn December 5th, 2013 09:04 AM

Re: Getting the FxFactory advertisements out of the FCP Interface?

Hi David,

You can easily activate/deactivate the individual products, or all trial products with a single click, so that only the effects you want show up inside your host applications. *See the following tutorial:

If you have a problem and suspect FxFactory to be the culprit it is best to contact tech support through the FxFactory application and explain your problem in as much detail as possible.
This will attach a FxFactory generated System profile to your message which can be very helpful in diagnosing problems on your system:

1) Launch the FxFactory application
2) Choose the "Contact Tech Support..." command under the Help menu.

Regards,

Niclas

David Knaggs December 5th, 2013 04:01 PM

Re: Getting the FxFactory advertisements out of the FCP Interface?

Thanks very much, Niclas.

Your advice was simple and perfect. (Excellent first post!)

It's much appreciated in this very hectic time of year!