DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   Compressor Quits Unexpectedly... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/104830-compressor-quits-unexpectedly.html)

Neil Rostance October 2nd, 2007 11:41 AM

Compressor Quits Unexpectedly...

I'm on FCS 2 on a Mac Pro, running latest versions, and had to re-install DVD Studio Pro after it was acting a little dodgy...(graphical view showed nothing when adding new tracks)

Anyhoo!

I've just re-installed FCS 2 and now compressor will not open. Motion, FCP, Soundtrack and Color open fine, but Compressor opens, then "Unexpectedly Quits"

I've deleted the App, prefs, and receipts, and repeated installation, but again, same crash...

is there anything i'm doing wrong???

Neil Rostance October 3rd, 2007 06:25 AM

fixed!

Panic over i've fixed it....a thourough re-install was needed.

For anyone with the same problem reading this i'll post my solution for reference...straight from the apple recommendation...

Remove and reinstall Compressor

To reinstall Compressor effectively, you need to remove the application, its receipts and associated files, then install Compressor and use Software Update to install additional updates. Follow the steps below to completely reinstall a fresh copy of Compressor. Note: Make sure that you have the installation discs for the application that Compressor was bundled with and the serial number handy before starting this.

1. Use Finder to remove the following listed items:
* /Applications/Apple Qadministrator.app
* /Applications/Apple Qmaster.app
* /Applications/Compressor.app
* /Applications/Utilities/Batch Monitor.app
* /Library/Application Support/Apple Qmaster (the folder)
* /Library/Frameworks/AECore.framework
* /Library/Frameworks/Compressor.framework
* /Library/Frameworks/MediaServerAPI.framework
* /Library/Frameworks/Qmaster.framework
* /Library/Logs/Qmaster (the folder)
* /Library/PreferencePanes/Apple Qmaster.prefPane
* /Library/Receipts/Compressor.pkg
* /Library/Receipts/Qmaster.pkg
* /Library/Receipts/Qmaster_Frameworks.pkg
* /Library/StartupItems/Qmaster (the folder)
2. In Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder.
3. Type the following path:
/usr/sbin/
4. Click the Go button.
5. Locate the following items from that Finder folder, and drag them to the Trash:
* qmasterca
* qmasterd
* qmasterprefs
* qmasterqd
6. In Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder.
7. Type the following path:
/var/spool/qmaster/
8. Click the Go button.
9. If there are any folders inside the qmaster directory, drag them to the Trash.
10. From your install disc, reinstall Compressor and Apple Qmaster.
11. When finished, use Software Update (under the Apple menu) to update your software to the latest version.

Aric Mannion October 3rd, 2007 09:05 AM

I haven't used compressor, because it has never worked since I bought it. Hope this fix works!

Meryem Ersoz October 3rd, 2007 09:55 AM

thanks for posting those instructions...does anyone know if a re-install will fix how abominably SLOWLY this so-called upgrade to Compressor runs? will a re-install increase its efficiency?