DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   Capture problems with FCE? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/114136-capture-problems-fce.html)

Alexander Gerson February 6th, 2008 03:03 PM

Capture problems with FCE?

I'm having problems capturing footage through Final Cut Express. I'm still not sure if it's a problem with my camera or with my hardware/software, I'm guessing it's the former, but I want to make sure. I'm using a MacBook Pro with a 2.44 GHz Core 2 Duo and 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM running OSX v. 10.5.1. I've used both Final Cut Pro/Express before (not on this computer) and never had any problems. Are there any preferences that I need to change around, or anything like that to try and get the camera to export? I know both firewire ports are working (6-pin and 9-pin) so I don't think that's the issue. Any tips?
Thanks.

Aric Mannion February 6th, 2008 03:28 PM

I didn't really catch what your problem is exactly? Can you not see your footage in the log and capture window at all? If that's the case look for your DV in/out on your camera and select out.
I used to have this problem sometimes where everything was set right, and after turning the camera off and on and just looking around it would work all the sudden. Even though I didn't do anything -so check your camera settings again. Or state your problem more clearly.

Alexander Gerson February 6th, 2008 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aric Mannion (Post 821503)
I didn't really catch what your problem is exactly? Can you not see your footage in the log and capture window at all? If that's the case look for your DV in/out on your camera and select out.
I used to have this problem sometimes where everything was set right, and after turning the camera off and on and just looking around it would work all the sudden. Even though I didn't do anything -so check your camera settings again. Or state your problem more clearly.

Aric, I apologize for lack of clarity in my question. Basically, nothing happens when I connect the camera and put it in VCR mode to export footage, FCE says that no camera can be found. It's basically acting like nothing is plugged in. Apart from possible problems with my camera, I was just wondering if there was anything else I could do in FCE to try and get the camera to work.
-Alex

Aric Mannion February 7th, 2008 10:22 AM

So it's when you start final cut that it warns you there's no camera? That seems to me that it would be the camera settings. All I can think of is to fiddle with the camera's dv out, and click check again.
It has helped me sometimes after checking my settings, to hit play. finalcut has recognized the camera simply from that in the past. Otherwise you can check your "easy setup" in FCP to dv again. Assuming you are going in with a dvcamera and a firewire.