DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   Editing on FCP..can't find a download needed. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/11648-editing-fcp-cant-find-download-needed.html)

Heath McKnight July 5th, 2003 11:07 AM

Editing on FCP..can't find a download needed.

I just downloaded the Firewire SDK17 (up from 16 that Steve Mullen recommended) but can't find the DVHSCap download he said was here:

http://developer.apple.com/firewire/index.html

Can anyone help, please?

Thanks,

heath

Paul Mogg July 5th, 2003 12:46 PM

Heath,
I downloaded it with the SDK16, and it was one of the utilities in one of the subfolders once you've installed it. There is another utility called VirtualDVHS that comes with it also, you have to set the IO channel to 63 but it allows for multiple file uploads. They both seem to work fine.
I'd like to see a clip of your fireworks, I had to work yesterday believe it or not!

all the best

Heath McKnight July 5th, 2003 08:09 PM

HELP!

Paul and everyone,

Downloaded and installed everything, yet, where is it all? How come the mpeg2 Quicktime encoder thingie I paid $20 for isn't helping out.

I'm in OS 10.2.6, but can't seem to find the TDK I installed, unless I look under the hard drive (not "Home") and that is for OS 9. Is the TDK and everything for OS 9 only?

Thanks,

heath

Bob England July 6th, 2003 10:14 AM

Re: HELP!

The "thingie" does not work with the JVC's .m2t MPEG2 transport streams, only program and elementary streams (says so in the Readme file). Until this changes, neither FCP nor QT itself are able to work directly with the JVC's .m2t files.

As for the file locations, try looking for a Developer folder on your hard drive. Should have a folder in there called something like FireWire SDK17.

<<<-- Originally posted by Heath McKnight : Paul and everyone,

Downloaded and installed everything, yet, where is it all? How come the mpeg2 Quicktime encoder thingie I paid $20 for isn't helping out.

I'm in OS 10.2.6, but can't seem to find the TDK I installed, unless I look under the hard drive (not "Home") and that is for OS 9. Is the TDK and everything for OS 9 only?

Thanks,

heath -->>>

Steve Mullen July 6th, 2003 10:41 PM

Re: Re: HELP!

<<<-- Originally posted by Bob England : The "thingie" does not work with the JVC's .m2t MPEG2 transport streams, only program and elementary streams (says so in the Readme file). Until this changes, neither FCP nor QT itself are able to work directly with the JVC's .m2t files. -->>>

You must DEMUX the TS streams before loading them into FCP.

Heath McKnight July 7th, 2003 06:37 PM

Re: Re: Re: HELP!

<<<-- Originally posted by Steve Mullen : <<<-- Originally posted by Bob England : The "thingie" does not work with the JVC's .m2t MPEG2 transport streams, only program and elementary streams (says so in the Readme file). Until this changes, neither FCP nor QT itself are able to work directly with the JVC's .m2t files. -->>>

You must DEMUX the TS streams before loading them into FCP. -->>>

Pardon my ignorance, but what does DEMUX mean? I still can't pull it up under OS 10...

heath

Robert Jackson July 7th, 2003 07:05 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: HELP!

<<<-- Pardon my ignorance, but what does DEMUX mean? I still can't pull it up under OS 10...

heath -->>>

I didn't recognize the term either, but apparently that's the new abbreviated usage of "demultiplex." It just means splitting the audio and video tracks apart.

-Rob

Heath McKnight July 7th, 2003 07:13 PM

How do I do that? I'm used to just plugging and playing on my FCP.

I still can't bring up any of the files properly in OS 10 on the SDK 17 download (it's the new one, don't use 16, according to Apple). It's "blank paper," all of the files and I cna't access them. That means only one thing, it might be OS9 only (it isn't opening in classic, either).

HELP!

heath

Jeasung Wee July 9th, 2003 09:07 PM

You need HEURIS Xtractor .

"Xtractor can also be used to rip MPEG 1 system streams, MPEG 2 program streams, and MPEG 2 transport streams, including HDTV streams recorded with a DTV decoder card"

After rip MPEG2 transport streams, you will be able to see it from Quicktime player with MPEG2 decoder.

Eric Bilodeau August 19th, 2003 06:11 AM

Question to Paul Mogg

Hi Paul,

I downloaded virtualDVHS with firewire SDK 17 but it just won't work (DVHScap does though). I was wondering if you could send me the SDK 16 version of virtualDVHS since I cannot find it on apple's site anymore.

Thanks,

Eric Bilodeau