DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   Quicktime 7.5 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/125013-quicktime-7-5-a.html)

Paul Cronin June 30th, 2008 09:33 AM

Quicktime 7.5

Any one upgrade to quicktime 7.5? Any problem?

Robert Lane June 30th, 2008 08:21 PM

Inevitably there are always those who have issues after upgrades mostly due to poor project/OS management but so far I've only seen praise for QT 7.5 fixing issues rather than causing new ones.

Paul Cronin July 1st, 2008 07:56 AM

Thanks Robert better to check then be disappointed.

Aric Mannion July 1st, 2008 10:51 AM

Wait what ever happened with QT 7.4 making it impossible to do video production? I guess it would check all your movies for copyright protection and decide that your after effects projects are bootleg movies and stop your rendering, ruining your life.
Is this true, and if so is it still true? I have been desperately clenching onto 7.3.

Robert Lane July 1st, 2008 10:59 AM

The error you're referring to specifically affected After Effects and Premiere, a bug that was noted back in January and has since been dealt with.

Luc Fontaine July 1st, 2008 02:25 PM

I have a G5 1.6Mghz. I updated to Quicktime 7.5 and all hell broke loose. I had to reinstall OS and archive first and updated everything up to Quicktime 7.4.

I could not capture video from my Mini Dv cam with FCE and all my .mov files could not play smoothly. I think 7.5 has issues with G5s. Once I reinstalled OS Tiger and reverted back to Quicktime 7.4 everything went back to normal.

Regards

Luc Fontaine

Paul Cronin July 1st, 2008 02:34 PM

I updated today and am now having problems with Media Manager. When I try to copy a project to my back up drive it starts and then locks up about 1/3 to 1/2 of the way through. That is a hard lock up no force quit will work.

I tried to trash preferences and that did not help. Ugh when will I learn the lesson not to update quicktime until I have to reminds me of being on a PC.

James Brill July 1st, 2008 03:32 PM

I lost the use of my matrox mxo all together with the FCP 6.0.4 upgrade. I have to trash my preferences every time I open up FCP. Before the 6.0.4 upgrade when I only had quicktime 7.5 and FCP 6.0.3 I could use the MXO with FCP but couldn't calibrate my monitor because it would constantly freeze when trying to play back the test image. Looks like I'm going back to FCP 6.0.3 and QT 7.4.

David Scattergood July 1st, 2008 05:35 PM

I really hope this QT upgrade isn't why my FCP (v5) has had it's first total crash today...and also why my HDD completely vanished for a few hours...but I'll admit my OS management is pretty poor.
Disk Warrior for me (thanks again Robert!).

Simon Wyndham July 1st, 2008 05:56 PM

Quote:

I lost the use of my matrox mxo all together with the FCP 6.0.4 upgrade.
Yep, same here. Haven't tried trashing preferences, but the output from the MXO is all 'weird' after doing the update.

James Brill July 1st, 2008 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon Wyndham (Post 901846)
Yep, same here. Haven't tried trashing preferences, but the output from the MXO is all 'weird' after doing the update.

I got my MXO a couple weeks ago so I got to proc amp once before going to 7.5 and now this. Kind of wish I just saved up and got the mxo2 and hdmi tv

Magnus Eklof July 2nd, 2008 02:56 AM

Quicktime 7.5 + MXO weirdness...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon Wyndham (Post 901846)

Hi everybody!
My MXO has also completely lost it, this is a known issue under QT 7.5 and Matrox is supposedly working on this, the culprit however is the QT upgrade, not the MXO, more info on this on Matrox´s own user forum.
Magnus

Paul Cronin July 2nd, 2008 05:04 AM

So how do I go back to Quicktime 7.4?

Magnus Eklof July 2nd, 2008 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Cronin (Post 902053)
So how do I go back to Quicktime 7.4?

Like this;

<http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=20080617143056579>

Magnus

Paul Cronin July 2nd, 2008 07:53 AM

Thanks Magnus I will look into that option.