DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   A RGB-Contrast-Plugin (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/130874-rgb-contrast-plugin.html)

Shaun Roemich September 21st, 2008 09:15 PM

Thanks, Andy. I stand (somewhat) corrected...

Alnoor Dewshi November 23rd, 2008 04:46 AM

Dominik,

Am I missing something? When I extract the zip file I get a folder called "DominiksContrast.fxplug" (rather than the plugin file expected). I've dropped it into my home directory fcp plugin's folder, but can't find it in the effects tab.
I'm on fcp 6.0.5

Andy Mees November 23rd, 2008 09:34 AM

you might have dropped it in the wrong plugins folder Alnoor, FxPlugs live in the /Library/Plug-ins/FxPlug folder or the ~/Library/Plug-ins/FxPlug folder

Aric Mannion November 23rd, 2008 09:49 AM

I have Final Cut 5.0.4, and dragging DominiksContrast.fxplug to my Fxplug folder doesn't work. I thought Someone on this thread said it works with 5, but I guess it starts at 5.1 -I didn't know that existed, why would apple upgrade .1 and not allow me to upgrade?
Too bad, I bring my footage into after effects just to use it's levels sometimes, this would have been perfect.

Alnoor Dewshi November 23rd, 2008 10:23 AM

Andy,

Thanks for the clarification, but it still doesn't work...

I had erroneously put it in ~/Library/Preferences/Final Cut Pro User Data/Plugins with my other plug-ins, and have since tried both suggested locations, but it doesn't show in the effects list when I search for FxPlug filters.

Have double checked spellings...

The only FxPlug folder I found on my system was Library/Application Support/ProApps/Internal Plug-Ins/FxPlug, and it doesn't work in that either.

Are you using it with fcp 6? Which Effects bin does it live in? I'm expecting it to be named or described DominiksContrast.

Ta,
Alnoor

Dominik Seibold November 24th, 2008 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alnoor Dewshi (Post 967773)
The only FxPlug folder I found on my system was Library/Application Support/ProApps/Internal Plug-Ins/FxPlug, and it doesn't work in that either.

It must be Library/Plug-Ins/FxPlug/
If it doesn't exists, you have to create it.
I mentioned that already in the start of this thread.
(Of course, if there's no "Plug-Ins"-folder in that place, you have to create that, too.)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alnoor Dewshi (Post 967773)
I'm expecting it to be named or described DominiksContrast.

Correct.

Alnoor Dewshi November 24th, 2008 07:36 AM

Dominik,

I've tried putting it in Library/Plug-Ins/FxPlug/ but it doesn't show !!!

I'm really puzzled why. Other FxPlug filters work fine on my system (fcp6.0.5/OSX10.4.11/PowerbookG4)

Dominik Seibold November 24th, 2008 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alnoor Dewshi (Post 968168)
I've tried putting it in Library/Plug-Ins/FxPlug/ but it doesn't show !!!

I don't know, what's going wrong, but in FCPs effects-menu there's an option called "show preferred effects only". Perhaps turning that off helps. Another issue could be absent read/execute-permissions of the plugin-directory and its inner files.

Alnoor Dewshi November 24th, 2008 08:20 AM

Thanks,
will try repairing permissions...

Dominik Seibold November 24th, 2008 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alnoor Dewshi (Post 968185)
Thanks,
will try repairing permissions...

I don't think that the repairing-permissions-operation of the harddisk-utility will help.
I thought about manually set them in Terminal like this:

chmod -R 755 /Library/Plug-Ins/FxPlug/DominiksContrast.fxplug

Michael Wisniewski November 24th, 2008 12:42 PM

Wow, thanks Dominik! It's very nice "levels like" plug-in! This is something I was missing so much coming from Vegas. Glad you took the time to do it. It's one of those quick little corrections I always like to add to make the video pop. Much easier with your plug-in.

Alnoor Dewshi November 26th, 2008 07:18 AM

Dominik,

I've tried your repair suggestion, but still no luck.
Curiously I glimpsed the name of the filter loading up on the splash screen at start up, but it doesn't show in my effects. ("Show All" pref is selected, as suggested).

Maybe I've got a cranky system, as I've just upgraded from fcp5... Will try an complete uninstall & clean install of 6.

Many thanks,

George Strother November 28th, 2008 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominik Seibold (Post 968180)
I don't know, what's going wrong, but in FCPs effects-menu there's an option called "show preferred effects only". Perhaps turning that off helps. Another issue could be absent read/execute-permissions of the plugin-directory and its inner files.

Tried these fixes, your folder is in the requested location (with other fxplugs that are working on my system) and I still don't see your fxplug under filters.

I'm on osx10.4.11/qt 7.5.5/fcp 6.0.5 G5 DP2.0

Suggestions?

Phillip Palacios December 1st, 2008 08:47 PM

was very excited about this seeing the effects on my monitors, but when I render the filter out, FC crash...
OS 10.5.x
Fcs2
8-core mp

Scott Brickert January 14th, 2009 11:51 PM

OK, Dominik,
I'm a little slow. I finally installed your plug and it works great.

Here's the link for the 6-way color corrector. For example, I'd like to reduce just yellow a bit on a clip. This plug-in can do it.

See if you can get the idea from here: AAV ColorLab

thanks again.