DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   DVD STUDIO PRO Questions (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/231913-dvd-studio-pro-questions.html)

Robert Bale April 23rd, 2009 09:21 PM

DVD STUDIO PRO Questions

Hi,

1# I have 2 questions, i am putting together a dvd with a few showreels on it, i also wanter to add a excel file, and a PDF File, can some on tell is there a way in DVD STUDIO Pro, to do this.

2#Add audio, i have a sound track for the showreel, audio sound is fine (-6db) when i add it into DVD STUDIO Pro, and go to preview or burn, on play back the audio level drop lower, Say i use one of the templates with audio, the template audio is fine, but hit play and i have to turn up the TV Volume to hear the audio, I also tried adding the same audio at (+6db) still the final master audio drop to a lower level.

Rob.

Christopher Drews April 23rd, 2009 11:43 PM

First off - DVD SP, to the best of my knowledge, cannot support PDF or Excel files. You'd have to convert it to a PNG and import it as a still. You can set up DVD SP to display this still file through the menu.

About the audio: Without knowing how you are generating this file (ie- which application to dither the audio) it is hard for me to offer advice. Note - is always better to use compressor to mux the audio into an AC3 before bringing it into DVD SP.

If you haven't done that, do that first. Over the years I've learned that DVD SP is terrible at encoding both audio and video - the sure-fire way of getting decent picture and audio is having compressor do the heavy lifting.

-C

Robert Bale April 24th, 2009 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christopher Drews (Post 1131044)
First off - DVD SP, to the best of my knowledge, cannot support PDF or Excel files. You'd have to convert it to a PNG and import it as a still. You can set up DVD SP to display this still file through the menu.

About the audio: Without knowing how you are generating this file (ie- which application to dither the audio) it is hard for me to offer advice. Note - is always better to use compressor to mux the audio into an AC3 before bringing it into DVD SP.

If you haven't done that, do that first. Over the years I've learned that DVD SP is terrible at encoding both audio and video - the sure-fire way of getting decent picture and audio is having compressor do the heavy lifting.

-C

Yes i use use compressor to mux the audio into an AC3, then import the the audio file that compressor has made, still the sound is very low.

Nick Wilson April 24th, 2009 01:11 PM

Re question 1, I assume you want to put the spreadsheet and pdf on the DVD so your recipients can put the disc in a PC and open them. If so, create a folder and copy the files into it. Then at the bottom of the disc inspector (click on the grey around the menu/track/etc tiles) click the tick box under DVD-ROM and choose that directory. DVDSP will include those files when it burns the DVD.

Nick

Robert Bale April 26th, 2009 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Wilson (Post 1132790)
Re question 1, I assume you want to put the spreadsheet and pdf on the DVD so your recipients can put the disc in a PC and open them. If so, create a folder and copy the files into it. Then at the bottom of the disc inspector (click on the grey around the menu/track/etc tiles) click the tick box under DVD-ROM and choose that directory. DVDSP will include those files when it burns the DVD.

Nick

Hey Nick, Big thanks to you.

Robert Lane April 26th, 2009 01:21 PM

Future reference

3 Attachment(s)
Robert,

Just in case you get stuck in the future, there's a huge reference available to answer all your questions about Apple apps: The built-in User Manual located in the Help menu.

A quick search about DVD-rom content quickly brings up dozens of paragraphs about your original question. The functionality Nick referred to is in the Inspector panel when looking at the DISC Project properties.