DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   .m2t files in Final Cut Express (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/234036-m2t-files-final-cut-express.html)

Tyge Floyd April 25th, 2009 05:27 PM

.m2t files in Final Cut Express

I want to buy a new Macbook Pro and have Final Cut Express installed. I will not be doing any serious editing on the road with my new "road warrior" but I do need to import and review .m2t files from time to time from a Sony MRC1 recorder.

Is that a problem or do I need the full blown FCS2 installed to view import and view these files?

Brandon Freeman April 27th, 2009 04:30 PM

Final Cut Pro doesn't even have support for .m2ts. I suggest purchasing ClipWrap. For only $50, this amazing program will read your .m2t files, and automatically wrap them into the proper QuickTime codec.

Tyge Floyd April 27th, 2009 04:34 PM

So, if I have ClipWrap to rewrap the files into QT, will FCE play with those files?

Brian Luce April 27th, 2009 05:11 PM

Yes. Try the trial version. easy to use.

Melvin Baggs May 29th, 2009 05:34 PM

FCE and m2t files

Hi Tyge,

I new to video but found out after purchasing FCP 6 that FCE will work with m2t files. You must first download from Apple Quick Time MPEG-2 ($19.99). Then you need a free MPEG StreamClip download called Squared 5 ( Squared 5 - MPEG Streamclip video converter for Mac and Windows ). Drop the m2t file into the Squared 5 icon on your desktop and follow that with a File "Log and Transfer" in FCE to import the clip.
It works for me.

Melvin

Hale Nanthan April 12th, 2010 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyge Floyd (Post 1133247)
I want to buy a new Macbook Pro and have Final Cut Express installed. I will not be doing any serious editing on the road with my new "road warrior" but I do need to import and review .m2t files from time to time from a Sony MRC1 recorder.

Is that a problem or do I need the full blown FCS2 installed to view import and view these files?

Download VLC to play .MTS.

If you want to edit,u need a video converter.Download Pavtube video converter for mac.Its demo version doesnt limit anything.

Convert you .MTS to HD MPEG2.

A useful blog: How to import AVCHD files to Final Cut Express for editing » Camcorder Video Share

John Reilly April 13th, 2010 12:17 AM

MRC1K Import Into Final Cut 6.0.6

Hello,

I'm having trouble with my new MRC1K, attempting to import the files into Snow Leopard.
I have clips recorded onto the unit, I have the unit connected via cradle to my Mac Pro and I have it mounted via Disk Utility and settings to I-Link Mode, and have tried both HDV and Auto selections.

I attempt to "Log and Transfer" but nothing happens; the Log-Transfer window opens, but no transfer occurs.

I'm calling Sony Business Solutions by phone in the morning, but was hoping to get started now...

Thanks!

John Reilly