DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   FCE Major Issue (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/33144-fce-major-issue.html)

Steve Cohen October 7th, 2004 11:14 PM

FCE Major Issue

I've got a major problem and I have exhausted all of my limited ideas. Can anyone help? I'll try to explain my situation as best I can.

I have about a 7 min movie with transitions and titles in Final Cut Express 2. Fairly simple I thought. I rendered everything that needed rendering - primarily titles and transitions. I tried to export to tape....nothing. I tried to export a quicktime movie and the audio is not insynch with the mouths. And finally, when I go back to view clips or sequences in my tv monitor, the picture is frozen however, it plays fine on my computer monitor. All I'm getting on my tv monitor is sound!! I don't understand why this is occuring in all my FCE files? Even when I tried to open other movies, I'm seeing the same problem.

Help. I promised to deliver this by noon on Friday, October 8th.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Glenn Chan October 7th, 2004 11:42 PM

Go into the audio/video preferences settings.

Check your external video settings- set Final Cut to show video on firewire and not on your computer monitor.

2- Try mixdown audio beforehand.

3- Sync problems are not cool. As a last resort, you can play back your footage on the timeline and hit record on your camera. If your timeline stays in sync then your master should too (check with your camcorder's speaker and viewfinder/LCD).

You could use nesting if you slate, black, bars and tone, etc. It's easier to leave the FCP playhead on a black frame and just record black before and after your video.

Eventually you probably want to get to the bottom of your sync issues.

Steve Cohen October 8th, 2004 12:22 AM

Glen,

Thanks. Video is on firewire. I checked my camcorder while playing playing the footage..all I get is sound...no picture.

Any ideas?

Jeff Donald October 8th, 2004 05:36 AM

Have you trashed your preferences?

Steve Cohen October 8th, 2004 05:41 AM

Jeff, I haven't touched my preferences....yet. I also might add that when I was rendering my sequence, the computer crashed. The first Apple crash for me! Do you think that could be my problem?

By the way, I am getting video, however, it is a still and doesn't move while the audio is fine.

Thanks.

Jeff Donald October 8th, 2004 06:26 AM

See the post at the top of the forum (Is FCP Acting Strange?) on how to delete preferences.

Steve Cohen October 8th, 2004 09:00 AM

Jeff, thank you!!!!

I'm back in business. "Trashing" my preferences was the answer. This Forum is the BEST!

Thanks again.

Steve

Jeff Donald October 8th, 2004 10:34 AM

Glad I could help.

On a similar note, I'm not trying to lecture, sort of an FYI, it's always a good idea to read the stickies at the top of the forums. Troubleshooting information is posted at the top of many forums.

Steve Cohen October 11th, 2004 05:00 PM

Jeff,

Thanks for the reminder about checking the troubleshooting sections in each forum before posting. I generally try to research my question before screaming for help. I guess I need to do a better job of planning my work so as not to get stuck at 3am!

Thanks.

Steve

Jeff Donald October 11th, 2004 06:05 PM

No big deal, but between Glenn, Boyd, Ken, myself and a couple of the others here, (sorry if I left anyone's name out) we can generally get you back on track pretty quick. I know how frustrating is is to ht a brick wall at 3 in the morning. Glad things worked out.